The Processing Specialist handles insurance documents on behalf of our financial institution clients, directly impacting the timeliness and accuracy of the homeowner’s property insurance coverage. This role requires proven ability to manage deadlines and meet quality standards with accuracy and consistent attention to detail. It also requires the use of good judgment to solve problems and make business-appropriate decisions consistent with Assurant procedures and best practices.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
-Process documents in an accurate and timely manner to ensure proper insurance coverage for homeowners and client satisfaction goals.
- Identify policy type and determine appropriate action needed. For example: PUD, Townhome, Flood, Wind, etc.
- Make appropriate updates to client database in order to meet regulatory obligations.
- Make timely premium payments from established escrow accounts to ensure continuous coverage.
- Manage time to handle multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Meet deadlines and quality standards
-Communicate and coordinate with insurance agents and/or insurance carriers to verify information, update status, and meet deadlines/requirements.
- Be professional in all communications, act in a manner consistent with Assurant values and honor Assurant’s commitments.
- Demonstrate empathy regarding your work and the impact it has on the Client and homeowner.
- Address any questions, concerns, or suggestions in a timely and appropriate manner.
-Build and maintain effective internal working relationships and support teamwork in meeting company goals.
- Understand how the Processing Specialist role fits into the larger organizational context and ensure the smooth handoff of work (incoming and outgoing).
- Communicate status updates and appropriately escalate issues and opportunities to meet the needs of clients and homeowners.
Assurant Specialty Property is a leading provider of insurance services in partnership with financial institutions, mortgage lenders, manufactured home sellers, auto finance companies, property managers and their customers. Services include insurance tracking and management, lender-placed homeowners insurance, and property and personal coverage such as renters, farm and flood insurance. With more than 5,000 employees in 11 locations, Assurant Specialty Property serves clients and customers in all 50 states.
Assurant Specialty Property is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $26 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,000 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. http://www.assurant.com/