Assurant Specialty Property is a leading provider of insurance services in partnership with financial institutions, mortgage lenders, manufactured home sellers, auto finance companies, property managers and their customers. Services include insurance tracking and management, lender-placed homeowners insurance, and property and personal coverage such as renters, farm and flood insurance. With more than 5,000 employees in 11 locations, Assurant Specialty Property serves clients and customers in all 50 states.
Assurant Specialty Property is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $26 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,000 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. www.assurant.com
Overtime and/or Saturday hours may be required.
The Research Specialist Job Family is responsible:
- Provides front line, direct contact with clients and customers. This is done through receiving or placing telephone calls, in addition to working faxes, electronic methods (e-mail & system of record task assignments), correspondence, mail, express delivery, reports, and project assignments.
- Position serves as back-up resources to the Call Center Department, processing inbound calls as needed.
- Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering and/or trouble shooting the items raised by the client/customer.
- Recognizes consistent problem areas and reports to higher level for action.
- Seeks to retain account and/or suggest and encourage use of other services and products.
- Depending on area may promote and sell products and/or services and enter or confirm sales.
- Responds in a timely manner.
- Follow standard procedures and policies with more senior levels using greater latitude and judgment in responding to customers.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Research/resolve loan level inquires and exception items through inbound calls, fax, emails, tasks, correspondence, reports, and/or special projects. More experienced associates will be involved in root cause analysis of more complex inquiries and research.
- Handle in-bound and out-bound calls from our customers in hazard insurance, mortgage banking, and property loss.
- Research and respond to inquiries and prepare responses to customers and clients.
- Initially works in a single client/functional environment due to limited knowledge and skill set. More experienced associates will work in a multi-client or multi-functional environment.