Assurant Specialty Property is a leading provider of insurance services in partnership with financial institutions, mortgage lenders, manufactured home sellers, auto finance companies, property managers and their customers. Services include insurance tracking and management, lender-placed homeowners insurance, and property and personal coverage such as renters, farm and flood insurance. With more than 5,000 employees in 11 locations, Assurant Specialty Property serves clients and customers in all 50 states.
Assurant Specialty Property is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $26 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,000 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. www.assurant.com
The Customer Care Specialist Job Family is responsible:
- For providing front line, direct contact with clients and customers. This is principally done through receiving or placing telephone calls, however mail, express delivery, fax and other electronic methods (e-mail) are also possible means of communication.
- Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering and/or trouble shooting the items raised by the client/customer.
- Recognizes consistent problem areas and reports to higher level for action.
- Seeks to retain account and/or suggest and encourage use of other services and products.
- Depending on area may promote and sell products and/or services and enter or confirm sales.
- Responds in a timely manner.
- Follow standard procedures and policies with more senior levels using greater latitude and judgment in responding to customers.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Lead, organize, motivate and coordinate the day to day work flow activities of associates that perform the duties required of a Customer Care Specialist or Sr. Customer Care Specialist to ensure deadlines/SLA's are met
- Act as a SME for department to answer procedural questions and assist in resolving complex or escalated issues
- Assist with inbound/outbound activity and/or assigned projects
- Ensure cooperation and coordination with other departments in the company
- Utilize knowledge of team, procedures, trending and call center reporting to recommend process improvements and efficiency gains.
- Ability to work in multi client/functional environment
- Assist in developing revised standards and methods
- Handle highly escalated supervisory type calls and other temporary assignments
- Mentor team based on low production or quality results.
- Oversee training of new hires and associate cross training initiatives, in addition to the creation and facilitation of training, as needed.
Overtime and/or Saturday hours may be required.