- 10 years of related work experience with relevant corporate employee communication and Total Rewards (benefits, compensation support) experience
- Bachelors' degree (concentration in public relations, journalism, communications or HR/Benefits communication preferred)
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Deep understanding of employee communications strategies, tactics and channels.
- Knowledge of benefits and compensation fundamentals with ability to comprehend and express complex ideas in easy-to-understand communication materials for multiple employee groups is essential
- Organized, deadline-driven and capable of managing multiple priorities and delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work unpredictable hours when necessary as well as be available for travel.
- Ability to supervise others.
- Experience collaborating with and advising senior leaders on communications strategies.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationships skills, program, third-party/agent management skills; and as part of a larger, collaborative team to accomplish defined goals and timelines
- Effective speaking skills in multiple forums including before large groups, in one-to-one conversations via small group web-meetings or conference calls, and in meetings with colleagues and senior leadership of Assurant
- Familiarity and comfort with contemporary benefits, compensation, human resources and communication practices including social media techniques and strategies
- Disciplined project management, follow-up, and deadline management skills;
- Ability to work and respond quickly and effectively in a dynamic, collaborative culture;
- High degree of comfort interacting at senior-executive level and understanding financial and other complex information
- Strong project and budget management skills
- Financial services/insurance industry experience a plus
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers (@AssurantCareers)