Assurant Specialty Property is a leading provider of insurance services in partnership with financial institutions, mortgage lenders, manufactured home sellers, auto finance companies, property managers and their customers. Services include insurance tracking and management, lender-placed homeowners insurance, and property and personal coverage such as renters, farm and flood insurance. With more than 5,000 employees in 11 locations, Assurant Specialty Property serves clients and customers in all 50 states.
Assurant Specialty Property is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $29 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. http://www.assurant.com/
Position is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of an ongoing, internal process audit compliance program covering multiple client and vendor relationships/multiple functional units. Ensures compliance with government regulatory agency requirements, contracts, agreements and standards. This position is an individual contributor role reporting into the Operations Manager. This position is available as a virtual location position.
- Develops and performs compliance audits based on client, regulatory and internal requirements and provides corresponding measurement and reporting for Operations leadership.
- Documents Hazard processes through the use of standardized tools (e.g. SIPOC, process maps, time studies, etc.).
- Analyzes records, reports, regulations and operating practices and issues reports on process adherence.
- Responsible for the performance of quantitative and qualitative research to further support audit findings, including root cause analysis.
- Participates in client and internal cross-corporate teleconferences where regulatory controls are reviewed.
- Creates and may present final audit findings to Operations leadership.
- Effectively communicates regulatory issues to Operations leadership in order to ensure process compliance and adherence
- Performs targeted and ad hoc audits
- Responsible for reviewing and validating the audits of any work performed by Specialists and third party auditors (client, etc.)