Job Purpose (Why job exists)
This job is responsible for planning, organizing, leading, and coordinating activities focusing on client success for the assigned client(s) while delivering profitable income to Assurant.
Primary Job Accountabilities/ Responsibilities
- Maintain and expand the relationship with assigned clients in a manner beneficial to us, Assurant, and our clients
- Be a primary contact representing Assurant for assigned clients
- Identify key strategic client related initiatives to further the objectives and strategies defined in the business plan
- Select, prioritize, and coordinate client projects in collaboration with Sales and other relevant parties, such as launch of new product/ service, new marketing activity, etc.
- Responsible for design, effective implementation and continual review of existing client strategy for the assigned clients
- Identify, present and manage implementation of new business opportunities and/or existing program enhancements for revenue growth and retention
- Work with Sales colleagues for RFP to win a new deal
- Advocate, manage, and deploy all initiatives meeting client expectation while improving the operating performance of Assurant
- Monitor progress towards client objectives with our products/ services
- Assure assigned clients operate within regulatory guideline as well as Assurant policies regarding all aspects of the business
- Advocate and manage change requirements for assigned clients as specified by Assurant and its various supporting functional teams to comply with all business guidelines
- Adequate oversight of third party vendors where appropriate
- Execute internal control procedures. Manage and take relevant actions on exceptions as they arise.
- Responsible for identifying initiatives that would improve the profitability
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related discipline
- 7+ years change management and broad business experience
- Proven strong influencing and leadership ability
- Outstanding relationship building and relationship management skills
- Fluent in both Japanese and English
- Held senior positions in other multinational organizations previously
- Proven experience in a similar position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English and Japanese.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.