Accounting Transaction Manager – fixed term contract up until 31 December 2021
Remote Working Opportunities Available
About Assurant :
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
Reporting to the UK Financial Controller, you will manage the teams who process and control the financial transactions of Assurant, comprising Cash Book / Bank Reconciliations, Billing and Accounts Payable
Other responsibilities include;
- Approve Bank reconciliations, ensuring they are performed as efficiently as possible, using automated processes and to required timeframes
- Analyse Bank reconciliation variances and review monthly with Treasury and other relevant partners, ensuring discrepancies are resolved
- Ensure daily continuity of billing
- Approve daily reconciliations / payment requests
- Drive process improvements
- Oversee BACS & SEPA relationships and processes
- Take full ownership of the accounts payable process including maintenance and accuracy of the financial records and timeliness of supplier payments
- Work with project teams on Finance Transformation
- Ensure monthly team processes are completed within management accounts reporting deadlines;
- Approve teams journals, ensuring they are supported with the relevant documentation
You will have the following skills;
- Minimum AAT qualification or part qualified CIMA / ACCA
- Experience managing Finance Transactions teams including Bank Reconciliation
- Knowledge of BACS & SEPA collection rules and processes
- Excel (can perform complex functions) & IT skills
- Credible with senior managers
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.