Accounts Payable Associate
14 month Fixed Term Contract / Secondment
Location – Hybrid working, offices in Crewe or Mitcheldean
Assurant is a global business services company that protects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world's leading brands to develop solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Common Sense, Common Decency, Uncommon Thinking and Uncommon Results guide our every action at Assurant. These values inspire our commitment to be a responsible corporate citizen.
The Accounts Payable department is responsible for the timely payment of all invoices and employee expenses. This role will involve liaising with the Accounts Payable Supervisor, Treasury Manager and the Financial Accounts Manager, as well as all relevant internal departments and external vendors.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure invoices received are processed via iPOS or Oracle, coded correctly and paid accordingly and within the PO policy
- Ensure employees’ expenses are processed and paid in accordance with the Expense Policy
- Identify any policy breaches and report them to AP Team Manger
- Obtain approval of expense claims, credit card expenditure and invoices
- Process pay cycles on a timely basis
- Ensure all non-automated payment requests are authorised in line with expenditure approval limits, are correctly coded and have the appropriate invoice or supporting documentation to be paid on time
- Review ledger weekly, reconcile to the GL and investigate aged items
- Liaise with management to resolve and investigate invoice queries on the ledger
- Reconcile supplier statements to ensure that all invoices have been received
- Process and pay motor agents commissions weekly
- Check bank statements and ensure all entries (DD, SO and transfers) are updated in the AP ledgers
- Ensure remittance advices are posted to suppliers on a timely basis
- Communicate with vendors/employees to resolve any disputes on their accounts
You will have the following experience:
- Experience of working in Accounts Payable is preferable
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good Organisational skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Analytical Skills
- Systematic approach
- Excel & Word
- Experience of Sun Systems, Oracle and iPOS will be an advantage
Benefits & Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Schemes
- Flexible Working
- Internal Wellbeing Program
- LinkedIn Learning
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Medical discounts
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.