Accounts Payable Team Leader
12 Month Secondment
Remote Working Opportunities Available
About Assurant :
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
Reporting to the Accounts Transactions Manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day running and co-ordination of the Accounts Payable team, which is responsible for the timely payment of all invoices and employee expenses.
You will also partner with other members of the finance team, as well as all relevant internal departments and external vendors/suppliers
Other responsibilities include;
- Responsible for the day-to-day running and co-ordination of Accounts Payable department
- Ensure invoices received are processed and paid accordingly and within the PO policy
- Ensure employees’ expenses are processed and paid in accordance with the Expense Policy
- Obtain approval of expense claims and invoices
- Ensure all payment requests are authorised in line with expenditure approval limits, are correctly coded and have the appropriate invoice or supporting documentation to be paid on time
- Set up new vendors/suppliers on Felita & Oracle and keep accurate records of any changes for audit purposes
- Reconcile the AP control account and report on a timely basis to management
- Reconcile supplier statements to Felita & Oracle to ensure that all invoices have been received
- Check bank statements and ensure all entries (DD’s, SO transfers) are updated in the AP ledgers
- Liaise with management to resolve and investigate invoice queries on the ledger
- Communicate with suppliers/employees on disputes with their accounts
- Manage other ad hoc projects/issues impacting the function as they arise
You will have the following skills;
- Knowledge of Felita (Sun Systems) and Oracle
- Knowledge of employee expense processing
- A proactive and flexible attitude is essential to meet set deadlines and to assist other areas of Finance.
- A good stand of Mathematics and English is required.
- Knowledge of accounts payable processing essential.
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.