Job Purpose :
This position supports various actuarial functions that include pricing, reserving, financial reporting, capital management & forecasting in the APAC region.
- Completes rate development for products as requested, aligning to company strategies, risk appetite and underwriting principles.
- Ability to review requirements and provide essential details for internal and external inquires and ad hoc requests as directed by manager.
- Gathers information from internal departments and complete reports and analysis as directed; solicits feedback on improvements to reporting and communications.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of data and systems, including inefficiencies, through analysis of trends. Reconciles data to source systems, including adjustments for manual processes.
- Effectively support requests timely, ensuring with manager that requests are aligned with responsibilities.
- Implements solutions to translate financial projections into business metrics.
- Actively manages self-development. Participates in cross-training and knowledge. information sharing within team to accomplish goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, or related field and a minimum of 3-6 exams completed
- Minimum of 2-5 years of progressive responsibilities
- Must be pursuing actuarial designation
- Minimum of 2-3 years of progressive responsibilities and related experience in an actuarial role.
- Has intermediate level of understanding actuarial concepts, insurance products and industry knowledge
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, SharePoint. Advanced to Expert proficiency to various data repository platforms (SAS/SQL/etc.)
- Exhibits advanced skills in completing standard to moderate, defined tasks & projects.
- Addresses conflict on a timely basis, avoiding issues to prolong and affect working relationships or goals. Discusses resolution alternatives with manager prior to engagement.
- Can actively listen and effectively explain specific variances to a technical and non-technical audience.
Work Arrangement :
This position will be based in China, in hybrid model to support business need as well as offering flexibility to employees.
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed based on merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.