Assurant has an exciting opportunity for an Actuarial Associate!
This Actuarial Associate supports the pricing and experience reviews of Assurant Canada’s various Mobile, Inclusive, Creditor and Auto products. It includes comprehensive rate analysis for pricing, enhancement of actuarial profitability reports, and preparation of actuarial experience presentations for clients. This role implements techniques which support Assurant operations in achieving its goals related to revenue and profitability targets. The Actuarial Associate demonstrates the ability to understand direction provided in project deliverables, time management, and development. This role is expected to also participate in the department’s exam and rotational programs, which provides the opportunity to gain experience in numerous areas of the Actuarial organization, such as reserving, financial reporting, capital management, pricing, and forecasting, while also understanding all products included in Assurant’s product suite.
This individual will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
· Gathers actuarial data and information to complete analysis as directed; solicits feedback on improvements to reporting and communications.
· Assists in communicating analysis insights and decisions to business leaders. Translates actuarial analysis to understandable business metrics fit for audience.
· Ability to review requirements and provide essential details for internal and external inquires and ad hoc requests as directed by manager.
· Demonstrates thorough understanding of actuarial data and related systems through analysis of claims and related fields.
· Identifies data and process inefficiencies; recommends and implements process improvement initiatives with direction.
· Actively manages self-development. Participates in cross-training and knowledge. information sharing within team to accomplish goals.
· Effectively support requests timely, ensuring with manager that requests are aligned with responsibilities.
· Takes property and casualty actuarial exams in pursuit of professional designation.
Basic Qualifications - Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
· Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Data Science/Analytics, Statistics, or related field
· 2-5 Actuarial exams completed
· Intermediate proficiency in MS Office Applications including PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, SharePoint.
· High level of experience with Excel and SQL
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
· Master’s degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Data Science/Analytics, or related field
· 3 – 5 Actuarial Exams completed
· Strong technical skills - Intermediate to Expert proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R, Databricks, and/or SAS.
· Pursuing actuarial designation
· Has intermediate level of understanding actuarial concepts, property and casualty insurance products and industry knowledge
· Intermediate proficiency in data visualization tools such as MS Power BI.
· Strong communication skills and the ability to explain actuarial/mathematical concepts to a technical and non-technical audience.