One of the biggest businesses you've probably never heard of has some very big finance opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. An innovative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it's automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to make sure small problems don't become big issues.
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients & customers.
At Assurant, diversity helps us drive innovation in the global marketplace, and we are strong believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
Our continued significant year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies that will excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Based in our Amsterdam office, every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customer base.
You'll work with a team of very like-minded colleagues and with access to senior leaders, your career opportunities will grow as you do. Most importantly you'll be at the start of a growth period for Assurant across our European businesses. You might be part of a smaller business looking to step-up to the next level. Or, you might be part of a large organisation, but are looking for the next challenge. Whatever your background, this opportunity will help build all our futures.
To lead actuarial aspects of solvency 2 reporting for the Assurant Dutch businesses and will oversee capital modelling for the UK business.
Role responsibilities include:
- Lead on 1st line technical provisions and SCR for the Dutch businesses
- Lead on claim reserving for Assurant Dutch business with dotted lines from UK reserving analysts
- Lead on 1st line model validation across all Assurant Europe businesses
- Provide oversight to UK capital modelling group
- Working with Dutch CFO through 1st line actuarial function
- An impactful effect on growth and capital efficiency by using technical provision/SCR models and validation for Assurant Europe new legal entities/start ups
- Manage a small team across Europe
- University educated Dutch Actuary (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in interaction with DNB
- Experience in the insurance industry
- People Management experience
- Proficient with Microsoft packages & Actuarial Software
- Experience of Capital modelling techniques specifically in General Insurance (igloo experience is advantageous)
- Experience of Reserve modelling software and techniques (eg ResQ)
- Experience of working with multiple departments, ideally incorporating IT development
- Ability to analyze and present actuarial information (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint etc.)
To review the full list of responsibilities and requirements, please download the job description
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be. And from flexible working to healthcare support, from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about our opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.