The API Management Platform Owner is responsible for defining and maintaining the portfolio of products delivered via infrastructure platforms in service of API Management and application development using API Management. An infrastructure platform is an integrated set of hardware and software capabilities which delivers a catalog of infrastructure products to the consumers of that platform. An infrastructure platform is used as a base upon which other applications, processes and/or technologies are delivered to the platform tenants and end users. The Assurant infrastructure platforms are business critical enterprise capabilities. These platforms underpin large volumes of our revenue, and/or underpin the productivity of thousands of end users. The API Management Product Owner ensures the continuous improvement of these platforms, in terms of reliability, scalability and new products and features.
The API Management Platform Owner has deep technical knowledge of the API Management function and tools like Mulesoft Anypoint and Azure APIM. The role is critical in bridging the current and future requirements of the platform users to the technical teams that develop and support the platform catalog of services. The role is responsible for the lifecycle management of both the technologies comprising the platform, and the products delivered by the platform. The API Management Product Owner is responsible for building and maintaining the backlog for the platform in line with a long-term roadmap aligned to business value and technical sustainability. This requires the role holder to actively research and learn about current and future advancements in the platform offerings, and the technologies that underpin the platform.
- The API Management Product Owner is responsible for the full lifecycle of the infrastructure platform and its associated product set: Azure APIM, Mulesoft Anypoint, and any other In-House or Vendor Tool used as part of the API Management Platforms
- Works with Application Development, Solution, and Enterprise architects to drive platform strategic roadmaps that prioritize reliability, availability, and business value, using input from the technology / vendor roadmap.
- Builds, maintains, and prioritizes the platform backlog for new products and features, facilitating the prioritization of these alongside investments in lifecycle management.
- Manages the platform catalog to control technical debt. Works with the platform consumers to coordinate lifecycle management to ensure that upgrades are performed ahead of products and features being sunset.
- Facilitates compliance with all licenses, contracts, subscriptions, and maintenance agreements relating to the platform.
- Works with the platform consumers to understand future products and features that are needed to increase the value of technology to our business units. This includes driving the adoption of new technologies and improving the technology experience for our end users and customers.
- Establishes feedback loops for stakeholder and end user experience via methods such as automated monitoring tools, surveys, and user groups.
- Develops user stories which are delivered to the technical teams that drive development and support for the platform.
- Partners with the technical platform resources to ensure appropriate levels of engineering are in place for failover/resilience and DR in line with business requirements.
- Partners with Operations to ensure robust and comprehensive operational support models and procedures are in place for the platform, across internal teams and external partners.
- Partners with Operations and Support Organizations to ensure that the technologies underpinning the platform, and the products delivered by the platform, are fully supported.
- Partners with support and risk organizations to ensure the platform adheres to all compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Work with technology providers/vendors (e.g. Microsoft, Salesforce, Oracle, etc.) to keep track of their own roadmaps. Request for needed features, be prepared for product end of life support, be an early adopter of new vendor tools capabilities which can add value to our Business.
- Facilitate periodic meetings where the Platform Owner can share news on the platform and present Case Studies
- Enable technical support forums and blogs where developers can look for common solutions to platform adoption issues.
- 5+ Years of combined experience with Azure APIM, MuleSoft Anypoint, and/or other API management tools and platforms.
- 3+ years of experience with source code development and management
- Unit testing
- Code quality
- CI/CD pipelines
- Release Management
- 2+ years of experience in developing and maintaining cloud infrastructure as code (IaC) for one or more API Management tools and platforms.
- Experience with Business Case development and presentation (LBC’s, ROI’s, TCO, etc.)
- Technical Road Map, Use Case Diagram, and Process Flow development and presentation experience
- Heterogenous vendor tool integration experience
- Automated Code Quality and Coverage tools Automated Integration Testing tools
- Service Now Integration
- Automated Dynamic analysis security tools (DAST) Automated Static analysis security tools (SAST)
- Observability and Monitoring tooling (DataDog, Splunk, etc.)
- Provisioning and Configuration Management tooling (Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- API Documentation and testing tools
- APIs communication protocols (HTTP, REST, Soap, XML-RPC)
- API modelling languages (RAML, Swagger, OAS, json, xml)
- Web Content Management and Enterprise Content Management
- API Security standards like OAuth and OpenId Connect
- API design Patterns and Micro-services
- High level of effectively communication and collaboration between various levels of the Enterprise, both technical and non-technical
Assurant is a global provider of lifestyle and housing solutions that help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We protect, connect, and support over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles, and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 300, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit https://www.assurant.com/