Overview of Position
You will be responsible for determining covered failures by reviewing vehicle service agreements, determining the need for inspection, interpreting policy coverage, and researching all facts, for multiple product lines; including but not limited to automobiles, recreational vehicles, and power sports. This position requires direct interaction with customers and repair facilities with occasional contact directly with the client.
What makes us different?
- We have various work schedules and pay shift differentials for night and weekend hours worked.
- Medical benefits begin on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement available after 6 months, up to $5000/annually
- Competitive paid time off, including holidays
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Responds to and resolves issues encountered by clients and customers in a timely and positive manner. This involves mostly inbound calls, but may also include outbound calls, email, fax, and chat.
- Ensures that all customer/client requests are responded to in a timely manner, and meaningful solutions are proposed and implemented.
- Adjust and document all claims within departmental standards and in accordance to applicable laws and policy provisions to ensure compliance with all Department of Insurance Regulations
- Process claims with accuracy to confirm coverage by reviewing all available tools including contract and web-based applications to resolve complex issues and refer any issues as necessary to senior level adjusters or supervisor
- Adjudicate claims with accuracy, by working directly with the repair facility, inspection and parts vendors and multiple other resources to ensure proper claims adjudication within departmental standards
- Document reasons for denial or authorization of claim in accordance with policy conditions and quoting policy language to the correct parties in a timely manner within authority level and seek approval when above authority
Note: This position does not involve cold calling/outbound calls related to solicitations, contract upgrades or sales of any kind
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years of customer service and automotive experience (ex. technician; service writer; parts specialist etc.)
- 2 years of experience using computers with multiple windows and applications
- Ability to quickly adapt to change, proactively recognize process improvement opportunities and be able to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Ability to process time-sensitive data and information from multiple sources, including data from mainframe systems, makes decisions based on this data, and to effectively communicate the related required actions to a broad audience
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to generate ideas or resolve problems
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate with team members, management, customers, counselors, and other employees of the organization
- Assurant provides a paid comprehensive training program to equip you with the tools and knowledge to meet our customers’ needs. As a condition of employment, you must attend all the required training to achieve an optimal learning experience and qualify for this role.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and under deadlines
- Ability to present a professional image
- Ability to establish courses of action to ensure efficient completion of work
- Ability to think creatively and make decisions based on incomplete information
- Proficiency of computer navigation and Microsoft Office 2003 or later versions & Microsoft Windows XP or later versions
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus: the ability to speak, read and write the Spanish language fluently
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- General office demands
- This is a Full-time job. Assurant's hours of operation are 7 days a week, Monday through Sunday, 365 days per year including holidays. Work schedules are generally set for several months at a time but are subject to change based on business needs and we have periodic shift bids that help determine your work schedule. Interested candidates must have a reasonable degree of schedule availability and flexibility to work varying schedules throughout the year.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.