The Associate Business Systems Analyst primary role is to support systems and staff by recommending and implementing system enhancements that promote efficiency, compliance and growth. In addition, the Business Systems Analyst I is responsible for maintenance of system files and tables, troubleshooting basic problems and participating in low risk projects. The Analyst may also work on simple tasks and issues as part of a large project.
What Makes us different?
- Be part of a team that enables change in our organization by identifying needs and recommending solutions that deliver value.
- We value people who can bring a diverse perspective to our products and have a real meaningful impact on the direction of the products.
- Everyone is encouraged to come up with new ideas to make our customers’ lives better.
- Our vision unites us. By living our purpose, values, and commitments, we’re working together toward a common goal; creating the future of Assurant.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Report system problems/testing defects to management and recommend appropriate course of action to remedy.
- Research, report and implement fixes or workarounds for low complexity problems, analyze requirements for simple new processes.
- Assist in gathering and defining business requirements for simple to moderately complex projects.
- Build relationships with business partners at peer level.
- Provide customer training on system enhancements.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively perform system support duties.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 1 + years experience as a Business Analyst.
- Requires ability to learn new applications and equipment.
- Requires ability to process time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions and communicate actions.
- Requires good organization and self motivation skills.
- Requires the ability to prioritize and work independently or as part of a project team to complete multiple tasks.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Associate degree in Business Administration or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge and a demonstrated ability to learn a variety of applications including mainframe, web-based systems, Microsoft suite, Salesforce and Rational tools.
What are the working conditions and physical requirement of this job?
How much should I expect to travel?
Up to 5%
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.