Associate P&C Claims Adjuster
Overview of Position
We are looking for an Insurance Adjuster to begin a career at Assurant in a fast-paced, energetic environment where you drive results while providing exceptional customer service. This person will protect what matters most to people in completely new ways, so you can create experiences that make your customer’s day.
At Assurant, we are all about opportunity and finding new ways for you to develop and grow. Our leaders are equipped with the tools to coach and help you excel in your role and your career!
Join our dynamic team of problem solvers and pioneers who strive in helping our customers at their time of need.
What makes us different?
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and disability and life insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan at a discounted rate
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible spending accounts
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Investigate and adjust claims according to applicable laws and policy provisions.
- Conduct claim investigations including but not limited to recorded statements, securing public records, and analyzing report findings.
- Examine claim forms and other records to confirm coverage for loss or damage.
- Review and audit estimates received and settle claims within prescribed limits of authority.
- Issue payments or deny claim in a timely manner in accordance with policy conditions.
- Effectively negotiate settlements with contractors, adjusters, or any insured representative.
- Recognize and document subrogation and salvage opportunities and refer accordingly.
- Build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships. Collaborate with internal support teams and management as appropriate.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Adjuster’s license
- Strong analytical, listening, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Minimum of one-year professional work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate and enter data on multiple screens
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to draft business-level communications when responding to customers
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision to manage schedules and meet deadlines
- Strong listening, problem solving, and negotiating skills
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking ability with an ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced work environment
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.