The Associate Data Warehouse Developer is responsible for supporting Data Warehouse solutions that conform to group standards which will include investigation for development and production data issues. This role will collaborate with other team members in support activities.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- Responsible for the support and maintenance of Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Data Modeling, and Machine Learning solutions
- Responsible for ensuring data quality and accuracy of data between the data warehouse and operational systems.
- Liaise with business and the IT resources to investigate and resolve production issues
- Gains working knowledge of related source data systems and tool sets
- Participate at regularly scheduled meetings with internal production support team and our business users as needed
- Review and maintain all solution documentation.
- Work in high paced environment in support of broad range of technical solutions.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- 3+ years of data warehousing experience using SQL Server BI Stack
- 1+ year experience support team role
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management Systems, or related subjects
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and querying techniques using Microsoft SQL Server
- Working experience with Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence stack: Database Engine, Integration Services and Analysis Services
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- SQL scripting using MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of Excel, MS word, MS PowerPoint
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.