The associate security administrator position will provide technical support and serve as a liaison for activities related to security, compliance, audits and reporting with assistance and direction from senior administrator. The role will support technical security/compliance related customer requests and execute and maintain procedures to support related projects as directed.
• Complete security and compliance requests within defined timeframe and expectations
• Analyze and assess security requests for SOD or security concerns, and inform security management
• Assist with external, internal or 3rd party compliance or audit requests
• Track, report and maintain all processes, tools and documentation related to security and compliance procedures
• Support owners of internal and regulatory controls such as SOX, SSAE18, ISO and PCI by providing the appropriate documentation and position of compliance. Raise any potential regulatory or contractual security concerns to security management.
• Handle activities of low to moderate risk and complexity
• Analyze and assess security related requests identifying least privileged access, ensuring access is granted at a level which limits risk to the organization.
• Provide after hour on-call support on a rotating basis or as required
• Respond to any critical issues or business concerns
• Participate in small to medium projects as required
• Attend and participate meetings required for each project, analyzing and assessing security tasks required for the project.
• Provide security administrator or manager with appropriate status report
• Identify and inform senior administrator or manager of any issues, concerns, or vulnerabilities within the project
• Create task and test plans on projects
• 1 year of IT or security-related experience
• Conceptual understanding of IT, Security or Compliance
• Associates of Arts, Two Year Technical Certification or related experience
• Professional certifications (MTA, MCP, A+, etc.)
• Work independently, demonstrate initiative, adapt to change, engage in collaborative thinking, work in a virtual setting and maintain attention to detail
• Good customer service, communication and relationship skills
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal/external clients, management, and other IT and business resources
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
• Willing and able to dedicate the required hours to complete the work
• Understand the typical business issues related to security and compliance
• General understanding of Directory Services, Identity Management, Role Management and general rules around Identity Services as required
• Skills to understand and analyze processes for internal or external audits, exams and regulatory requirements (i.e. SSAE16, SOX, PCI)
• Collaborate with other Assurant peers on compliance, security and related concepts and controls to ensure the organization aligns