Associate Software Engineer
Overview of Position
An Associate Software Engineer is a solid starting point to a fulfilling career in the development world at Assurant. The Center Development Team has multiple application suites that are supported throughout the entire Software Development Life Cycle. The team is looking to add an analytical thinker to work in a Microsoft oriented development environment with a focus on C#.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- The position in question will encompass all aspects of the SDLC.
- A combination of web applications, web services, desktop modules, and background tasks are all currently part of the team responsibilities.
- The approach for all development will be with an enterprise level architecture to allow growth and proper support.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming fundamentals
- Proficiency with Microsoft C# on stable .Net Frameworks
- SQL Basics, preferably T-SQL
- Fundamental understanding of web development
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Microsoft MVC on any version
- ASP.Net Web Forms
- Microsoft Win Forms or WPF
- Microsoft SQL Server and understanding of Relational Databases
- Visual Studio and ADO.Net / TFS
- Microsoft .Net Core experience
- SOAP and/or WCF web services
- Any reporting tool such as Microsoft Reporting, Crystal Reports, or SSRS
- Creating packages with SSIS
- Understanding of Agile approach
- Win Sockets, Web Sockets, or SignalR
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.