The Associate Software Engineer assists with the design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of application systems, based on pre-defined requirements for programs, functions, services and other related software components.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Design software solutions based on provided detailed requirements
- Solution design for approved projects and change requests of moderate complexity
- Assist in the development, documentation and presentation of solution design and supporting rationale
- Work in early stages of system analysis and programming activities
- Participate in application and program code development according to business and technical requirements
- Convert basic specifications into equivalent infrastructure and application software structures
- Code and unit test as part of a development team
- Submit software products for review of compliance with best practices, standards, and enterprise architecture (code review)
- Participate in quality assurance and testing to achieve quality objectives and other activities according to planned schedules
- Learn, use, and gain experience with testing tools and techniques
- Perform technical support activities required for execution of test plans
- Perform root cause analysis and defect correction as indicated by test results
- Evaluate outcomes, report results and document findings according to current standards
- Participate in the implementation of solutions
- Adhere to Assurant release management requirements for application and system implementations
- Consult with experienced engineers and receive guidance on strategies that minimize implementation risk and/or improve system reliability and performance
- Prepare change and support documentation according to implementation requirements
- Provide for disaster recovery and back-out mechanisms as directed
- Perform software implementation activities as directed and according to current standards and policies
- Monitor deployments and respond appropriately and as directed in the event of disruptive impacts
- Provide systems support
- Learn and enhance knowledge of the various multi-platform system support environments, utilities, and procedures
- Provide timely, concise communication of incident status to appropriate personnel
- Document incident occurrence and resolution(s) applied using designated repositories
- Consult with staff personnel as required for effective incident resolution
- Resolve development and support issues of moderate complexity or risk
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Completion of Associates degree or technical diploma in MIS, CS, etc.
- 1 – 2 years of increasingly responsible professional experience
- Familiarity with database technologies such as SQL, Postgres, and MongoDB
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts and practices of software design, debugging, testing, and documentation
- Strong critical thinking abilities and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new languages and concepts quickly
- General estimation skills for cost, effort, and duration of product deliverables of moderate complexity
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed based on merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.