The Auditor is responsible for the understanding and evaluation of the internal control and risk environment within Assurant, Inc. as assigned and includes (but not limited to) the following objectives:
- Participate on audit teams and perform control testing in compliance with established audit methodology while meeting all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Participate in Internal Audit professional practice activities to improve the department’s ability to fulfill its charter.
- Required: BS/BA degree (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university (preferably in Business Management, Accounting, Finance, or related field)
Knowledge and Skills
- General business knowledge
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas: o SOX /SOC / MAR and other regulatory compliance o Finance, accounting, insurance, accounting systems, automated testing tools, etc.
- Ability to analyze data, identify root causes and propose reasonable solutions that manage risk
- Ability to write clearly and be focused on actionable and reasonable results
- Ability to document work performed to enable external re performance
- Ability to think critically through recognizing assumptions, evaluating arguments, and drawing conclusions
- Ability to maintain composure and deliver results while under pressure managing multiple assignments and priorities
- Ability to learn quickly and apply abstract ideas to achieve measurable results
- Ability to use simple data analytical tools (Excel, etc.) to analyze data
- 1-2 years of experience in internal or external audit, operations, accounting, or general business analysis
- Experience in formal communications (written and oral)
- Experience in collecting and analyzing complex data, recognizing assumptions, evaluating information, and drawing logical conclusions
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.