Auto Bagging Processor Lead
Overview of Position
This job is responsible for working with the Supervisors and assisting in training and developing the team, monitoring production performance, ensuring production and quality controls are met while adhering to the work instructions for the area of responsibility. If you enjoy working with your hands and your head, independently and as a team, this may be your chance to join a Fortune 500 company growing in the wireless industry!
How We’re Different
- We provide competitive compensation
- Day 1 benefits
- Paid Training
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Working knowledge of shop floor systems (CVision, Oracle, Unit Tracker, Great Plains, Ghost)
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings with Supervisor
- Participate in internal and external customer or vendor meetings
- Work with Supervisor to reallocate resources (people/supplies/products etc.) as needed to meet customer goals
- Work with other departments as needed to ensure proper workflow is achieved
- Point of contact for employees for handling escalation issues
- Work with Engineering to identify and resolve process issues
- Ability to collaborate with other departments with their area of responsibility
- Track and maintain daily attendance roster for Emergency Evacuation purposes
- Participate with the 6S Audit team on monthly 6S audits
- Work with supervisor to implement any changes or adjustments on production floor as a result from the audits
- Perform on-the-job (OJT) refresher training and workstation assessment
- Monitor inventory levels (WIP Aging) for specific area of responsibility
- Monitor KPI and SLA performance levels and escalate any issues/concerns to supervisor when needed
- Maintain production log and publish daily (or more frequently, as requested)
- Keep meticulous records of automation downtime and maintenance issues
- Ensure automated equipment is running as expected and required teams as engaged with any production issues.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High school diploma or GED
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office, and the ability to toggle between multiple screens when entering data
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for an 8, 10, or 12- hour shift depending on work schedule
- Ability to manually lift and carry up to thirty (30) pounds
- Forklift certified if needed for area of responsibility
- Must be proficient and certified in the area that they are responsible for leading
- Experience in a manufacturing, warehouse, or shipping/receiving environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet production standards
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees
- Good interpersonal skills (verbal/written) with ability to effectively communicate with both colleagues and leadership
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- High attention to detail
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
Position requires incumbents to regularly sit or stand, for long periods of time, and operate standard office equipment such as a computer. Position requires incumbents to carry and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to talk and hear. Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in environment is low and it is an electro-static discharge (ESD) safe area; always requires the use of wrist straps and smocks.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.