The AVP, Brand and Marketing Strategy will help define the enterprise marketing strategy, conduct strategic planning with the Assurant businesses to best align resources, assess trends and incorporate into the enterprise marketing strategy to drive business growth.
Responsible for managing and building the Assurant brand, including implementation, governance and evolution of brand architecture, visual identity, brand value proposition, brand voice/tone and other cornerstones. Ensure coordination with changes in corporate strategy, business models and geographic expansion. Evaluate and oversee brand tracking and measurement.
This position reports to the SVP Enterprise Marketing.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Responsible for building and maintaining the Assurant brand
- Development and communication of updated Assurant brand value proposition and Assurant LOB value propositions that connect our purpose, business strategy, and competitive advantages.
- Responsible for employee external and internal brand building activities, information and education. Leveraging design team, oversee the brand guidelines site, including updates to guidelines, tools, templates and examples. Oversee brand training programs for new employees and periodic programs for other key audiences.
- Responsible for developing and coordinating the execution of external employee marketing and brand activation plan including development of messaging. Works closely with Communication, Investor Relations, LOB marketing and Marketing Execution (Creative) teams to execute activation plan.
- Evaluate and determine appropriate enterprise brand tracking and measurement.
- Responsible for brand related marketing projects that cross business units. Examples include branding strategies for acquisitions, maintaining the brand architecture, product and service naming guidelines.
- Managing and overseeing employee brand marketing team and efforts
- Ensure marketing strategy is aligned with business and brand strategies
- Assess market to understand trends in marketing strategy and execution that will support and drive Assurant priorities
- Oversee an integrated Assurant-wide Enterprise Marketing Calendar
- Serve as an interface for LOB marketing to connect into the Enterprise Marketing, Communication, DEI & Investor Relations organization and capabilities
- Collaborate with LOBs and Market Research team to assess competitive landscape to understand key competitors and revise marketing strategy accordingly
- Coordinate and support the business in the development of business marketing and brand strategies and corresponding execution
- Drive linkage and activation of marketing and brand strategy with other Marketing and Communications capabilities
- Track Assurant enterprise marketing budget
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the area of marketing required
- 10+ years marketing experience
- Brand architecture and positioning experience
- Employer marketing experience
- People/Team management
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Advanced degree in brand/marketing (or equivalent work experience) preferred
- 10+ years relevant experience
- High-level strategic thinking
- Demonstrated aptitude in implementing high-impact marketing strategies
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of organizations, generate consensus and navigate across cross-functional teams
- In-depth knowledge of digital marketing
- Strong analytic and decision making abilities
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with complex and changing market dynamics
- Ability to assess and identify relevant trends, including in technology, insurance and other adjacent industries
- Experience in managing cross-functional teams, including external vendors
- Strong leadership skills
$138,200.00 - $230,800.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.