Global Business Unit Marketing is responsible for developing and implementing integrated B2B marketing and communication strategies and plans that drive growth by providing sales and product marketing support for designated Business Unit(s) Global product, sales and client teams in new business development efforts with prospects and existing clients.
This position leads the team responsible for increasing market share, winning new clients and expanding existing client relationships through the development of clearly differentiated value propositions and positioning and embedding them into business development strategies, proposals and sales tools aligned with the business line objectives.
In this role, the ideal candidate will serve as a strategic partner to business leaders, regional and country leaders and business development professionals regarding brand and marketing programs and activities, and the creation of specific deliverables that support sales process from prospecting through acquisition of new accounts.
The candidate will collaborate with marketing and communication centers of excellence and delivery teams to manage programs and projects carrying processes through to completion including strategic direction, content, integrated marketing and communication campaigns, thought leadership, collateral, web, social media, and events.
As a member of the Business Unit leadership team, serves as the primary liaison between the business unit and the marketing and communication COE teams.
Lead the development and execution of integrated marketing and communication strategy, plan and tactics for Business Unit to drive new sales, client retention and organic growth globally based on business goals, executive input and market knowledge.
- Lead the marketing and communication strategic planning process (SOSTAC) for Business Unit; primary liaison between business unit and Enterprise Marketing & Communications.
- Directly manage marketing team and indirectly manage internal and external resources in fulfillment of strategic plan objectives and tactics.
- Align and prioritize marketing and communication spend according to business and enterprise priorities
- Partner closely with Enterprise Marketing COEs and Communication teams to ensure integrated delivery of integrated marketing and communication plans
- Measure effectiveness of marketing and communication plans to ensure achievement of goals and continuous improvement
- Works with LOB to define Business Unit content themes and coordinates the development of content to drive BU reputation and business growth
- Coordinates marketing support for lead generation for the Business Unit
- Develop strategy and plans for trade show events and trade marketing
- Works with Enterprise Marketing COEs to define and build new marketing capabilities to drive business growth (email, programmatic advertising, search, trade advertising
- Engages and directs internal and external resources for public relations, creative design, strategy development, research and development, etc.
Lead Business Unit Request for Proposal (RFP) or new business marketing presentation process to drive new client growth and client retention globally in line with business unit goals and strategy:
- Works with sales and business development leaders to develop customized client ‘win strategy’ for individual sales opportunity
- Develop all sales materials to support RFP in-person presentations and follow up presentations throughout sales process
- Develop and maintain standard RFP and proposal templates
- Identify and incorporate global best practices and drive efficiency and consistency in proposal process.
Develop and deploy clearly articulated and differentiated value propositions for Business Unit products, services and value chain – as well as ‘win strategies’ for client growth
- Works closely with BU product, workstream, business development and sales leaders to provide product marketing support for core propositions and new product launches.
- Establishes key messaging and positioning, including story, themes, value proposition, differentiators and supporting points. Updates and refreshes as business needs and market factors dictate.
- Leads the development and deployment of sales and marketing materials and tools (sales presentations, videos, RFPs) to drive client growth
- Promotes consistent articulation of global value propositions and sharing of best practices across regions to drive global client growth
- Develop and/or refine Assurant’s brand value proposition within the business unit; ensure consistency and compliance throughout the organization in accordance with brand guidelines
- Works with internal communications as SME to improve employee understanding of BU messaging and positioning
Serves key supporting roles for overall Assurant business and Enterprise Marketing in support of global objectives for the organization.
- Supports M&A integration efforts by developing and implementing transition plans across regions, business units and acquired businesses.
- Partners with other Business Unit leaders to share best practices, co-develop strategies and win new business that crosses multiple BUs, geographies and product lines.
- Serves leadership role on Enterprise Marketing management team
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or other related field
- 15+ years progressive experience in B2B marketing and business development support leadership roles including experience managing a team in a direct or matrixed environment
- Prior experience working in business-to-business financial services industry preferred
- Prior experience supporting a global B2B sales organization preferred
- Advanced knowledge in the development, management and execution of new client proposals and sales tools
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the successful development of B2B value propositions and sales strategies
- Proven success in the management of integrated marketing programs and discrete marketing projects
- Strong business acumen with an ability to understand and communicate Assurant’s business,
- Outstanding leadership skills that motivates peers/staff to exceed expectations
- Ability to manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes
- Proven ability to lead and grow an energetic and highly productive marketing and brand organization and ensure accountability for results that maximize contribution to business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to "think outside the box" while identifying problems and developing creative solutions
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of organizations, generate consensus and navigate across cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong analytic and decision-making abilities
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with complex and changing market dynamics
- Experience in managing cross-functional teams, including external vendors and media agencies
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.