AVP, Marketing Creative Services
In collaboration with LOB marketing and enterprise teams, oversees the strategy for the written and visual marketing content across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales/retention, reinforce the Assurant brand, and deliver memorable customer/client experiences. Maintains and drives global marketing content portfolio for each line of business. Collaborates with the lines of business, external communications and digital marketing to define the Assurant story and steer the way our story is interpreted by clients, prospects, investors, communities and customers.
In addition to serving as an expert in all things related to written and visual content strategy, copywriting, content development and brand implementation (particularly regarding the voice, tone and style of branded communications); this individual also serves as marketing generalist responsible for helping marketers infuse an enterprise mindset into all marketing communications. This position is responsible for working with line of business marketers to develop differentiated, strategic value propositions for the Assurant enterprise and its lines of business; highly differentiated product positioning; and thought leadership content in support of Assurant business units - while managing a team of line-of-business focused content strategists, writers, copyeditors, and proofreaders.
The position requires a strategic thinker with strong business knowledge who can work with LOB marketing, creative and other teams to identify gaps in both strategy and content, connect the dots, and make strategic recommendations. The position also requires a highly creative thinker accustomed to working in collaboration with designers and marketers to generate differentiating campaigns that build brands.
Lead Creative Strategy
- Leads collaborative COE integrated content planning that results in strategic marketing proposals, including data-driven creative messaging, and distribution recommendations aligned to business objectives and LOB marketing plans.
- Conducts market research and competitive analysis, in collaboration with LOB clients, to develop proposal and pitches for full-year creative marketing plans and resulting campaigns across digital and traditional channels.
Lead Creative Content Team
- Develops and manages a process to produce a high volume of creative efficiently and smoothly – including customized messaging and creative by segment – on time and on budget. Manages creative/production vendor relationships to ensure maximum value capture and optimum output.
- Continuously improves return on marketing investment through cost per action (CPA) optimization and systematic test and learn approach across creative, messaging and offers.
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement – working to evaluate the effectiveness of our creative, the efficiency of our production, and the processes we use to collaboratively build solutions together. This includes but is not limited to evaluating the technology and vendor/agency partnerships in place today.
- Uses data to help define/propose segmentation, leveraging data and technology to deliver personalized creative and customer experiences through messaging, marketing materials, and next-best action sequencing across channels (i.e., digital, trade, direct-to-consumer, and more)
- Establishes a client-centric messaging strategy that is based on insights and tracks experience, contacts & messaging throughout different stages of a client lifecycle.
Internal Stakeholder Support
- Presents creative proposals to internal clients for approval, presenting multiple options to discuss and develop further. Makes sure all components are in line with the brand.
- Meets with LOB stakeholders frequently, serving as contact between the stakeholder and creative services team.
- Converts business strategy into successful integrated marketing campaigns.
- Addresses any issues or delays in the project, as well as clients’ feedback.
- Delivers completed projects to the client on time.
- Implements marketing and advertising plans according to agreed-upon schedules, budgets, channels, and other parameters.
- Concurrently manages multiple LOB clients, deadlines, and ideas.
- Develops, implements, and tracks key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the efficacy of advertising campaigns; applies data to determine appropriate next steps for current and future campaigns.
- Ensure that the creative material produced is of the highest quality and represents a consistent brand image, message, and tone throughout the entire portfolio.
Creative Team Leadership
- Leads creative team to brainstorm and draft advertising ideas that meet clients’ needs.
- Manage the budget for creative projects, hiring employees and contractors, and tracking progress.
- Prioritize work and resources across projects based on short- and long-term needs, establishing production schedules by collaborating with the team and internal business partners.
- Manages and grows a diverse team of content strategists, copywriters, copyeditors and proofreaders, ensuring they are equipped with up-to-date best practices knowledge and tools.
- Minimum 10+ years in marketing strategy, product marketing, omni-channel content development, global branding.
- Strategic thinker, able to connect the dots to distill complex ideas into a easily understood and differentiated stories.
- Four-year college degree majoring in Marketing, English, Communications or Journalism
- Minimum three years of managing copywriters in an agency or corporate setting
- Minimum eight years copywriting experience for agency or in-house corporate creative team
- Strong digital/social content portfolio that demonstrates originality, innovation, problem-solving, personal expression and results-oriented content
- Strong ability to influence others and move stakeholders toward a common vision or goal. Highly effective presentation skills.
- Able to collaborate with executives, marketers and designers, serving as a strategic marketing partner
- Understanding of the principles of scriptwriting. Able to work with videographers and motion graphics designers to deliver scripting fit for purpose.
- Bachelor’s in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Strong portfolio of successful content campaigns that made a measurable impact on target audiences.
- Deep understanding of content development via digital channels.
- Eager to learn about the industries we serve, Assurant’s place in the market, our customers, end consumers, various products and services, target audience and competitor activities.
- Experience working on corporate branding and cultural initiatives.
$138,200.00 - $230,800.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.