The AVP, Mobile Development is responsible for collaborating with business stakeholders on priorities and requirements for capability development across our mobile application suite, as well as other digital assets that support our mobile application suite and premium technical support team. He/she supports the cross-product work intake process, coordinating from initial request through planning and budgeting stages, overseeing the cross-product epic grooming process to align on priorities and sequencing. He/she manages the development teams by supporting their development and the successful delivery of the products they support.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Lead application development teams for Mobile applications and backend platforms delivering solutions for Android/iOS Mobile OS via React apps and Ruby on Rails, Node.js web application frameworks.
- Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Set architectural and execution direction for and assign responsibilities to technical and non-technical individuals on projects and is an effective leader of cross-functional team. Proactively partner with technical advisors and consultants during execution of plan.
- Implement Agile DevOps scale up – create teams with all skills and expertise to deliver continuous integration and automation.
- Align with execution in international domain across all Bus and Business Functions to ensure business capabilities can be delivered in relevant markets.
- Lead front end solution engagement with Product Ownership, Sales Teams and Client Prospects
- Support and enforce the use of standards, procedures, best practices and methodologies.
- Ensure IT is adequately resourced in support of the business priorities (negotiate augmented or incremental resource needs with appropriate stakeholders).
- Steer delivery teams to meet service commitments for on-time, on-budget and meeting or exceeding business expectations.
- Remains abreast of developments in the cloud application development field, security domain and implementation of IT controls to mitigate enterprise risk.
- Monitor customer service level standards and ensures that customer needs are being met.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 10+ years of technology experience
- 7+ years of experience leading and managing technology development teams, along with monitoring staff performance results and addressing problem behaviors to achieve improvement.
- 3+ years of Mobile applications and backend platforms experience with Android, /iOS Mobile OS, React apps, and Ruby on Rails web application frameworks. (5+ years in the mobile discipline is preferred.)
- 7+ years’ experience desirable in a majority of the following areas:
- Cloud Application Management including Serverless
- Custom Development (React, RoR)
- Software Architecture
- Business Analysis/Requirements definition
- Source code and versioning control
- 7+ years of experience multi-tasking and juggling multiple projects and customers’ demands simultaneously.
- Experience with managing complex IT organizations, environments and projects.
- Must have experience with cloud-based solutions esp. AWS services.
- Experience working with the business users, understand their needs and translate those needs to the final project deliverables.
How much should I expect to travel?
- Able to travel as needed, potentially up to 20%
$135,100.00 - $225,700.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.