Hyla is currently seeking BI Reporting Analyst to join our expanding team in La Vergne, TN! Apply now and start your career today!
Hyla Mobile, an Assurant Company, is a rapidly growing company that provides Mobile Device technologies and services to Wireless Carriers and Consumer Electronics Retailers. Hyla’s goal is to transform the wireless ecosystem by enabling Carriers and Retailers to offer smartphone trade-in programs to their consumers. Hyla manages these trade-in programs on behalf of the top brands in the wireless industry, including AT&T, Verizon, Best Buy, Google, and many others.
The Reporting Analyst is responsible for analyzing business intelligence (BI) and reporting requirements, and producing a range of reports, scorecards, dashboards and other solutions. This position will create new reports and enhance existing ones using various BI tools. This position is responsible for understanding and addressing customer and user requirements, their strategies and their goals. Based on the requirements and knowledge of the customer’s needs, this position will determine what reporting method best fits the need and delivers the data required. The position brings a working knowledge of the organization’s systems, expertise in the business area as well as in current technology advances and capabilities. This position can be a part of data testing and data load validation. Depending on the project, may prepare test scripts and conduct user acceptance tests. Regularly execute and coordinate production of reports as well as trouble shoot and facilitate solutions to reporting issues.
- Assists in the analysis of requirements and design solutions for approved projects and change requests of moderate complexity and risk.
- Gathers, organizes and documents requirements.
- Assists with system/data analysis and report solution development based on requirements.
- Has responsibility for production reporting support.
- Fully accommodates customer’s business needs and maintains a positive customer relationship with strong communication and coordination.
- Possess the ability to communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms when working with non-technical constituents.
- Regularly produces internal and external customer and client reports.
- 2+ years of increasingly responsible professional experience.
- Associates degree, technical diploma in Computer Science or Business Information Systems.
- Advanced PC knowledge, including Excel 2007.
- Working knowledge of SQL, Cognos, SSRS/Report Builder v3/SharePoint 2010 and Visual Studio.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and statistical skills.
- Professional, friendly, and courteous demeanor to work well with teammates and business partners.
- Acts with high degree of integrity and ability to exercise sound judgment
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to deliver results on time.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and assignments based on workload.