Overview of Position
Are you someone who loves breaking down technical problems into solvable components? Do you have top-notch customer service and collaboration skills? Are you interested in joining a team comprised of a dynamic mix of technical support professionals who are paving the way to support the Internet of Things? If this sounds like you, we have an opportunity that may interest you.
This is a hybrid remote/in-office position.
What makes us different?
- Your medical benefits begin on your first day
- We provide excellent compensation and retirement programs
- We deliver exceptional paid time off
- We provide tuition reimbursement available after 6 months
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Provide high-quality technical support to effectively diagnose and resolve support incidents reported by external customers.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve complex issues across a wide array of internet connected devices such as personal computers, mobile phones, tablets, wireless devices, Bluetooth speakers, thermostats, fitness trackers, televisions, home automation devices, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service and ownership of technical support issues.
- Work well in a high energy, dynamic, and collaborative environment.
- Provide appropriate responses and expectations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work as the customer's advocate, demonstrating expertise in support processes and functions, including escalations, complex issue resolution, and customer retention.
- Technical Support Analysts may be required to perform other job related duties as directed by a member of management to meet business needs and objectives.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Fluent in English and Spanish (written and verbal)
- 6 months experience with customer service, troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving.
- Strong experience and working knowledge in one or more of the following technical specialty areas:
- PC Support: MS Windows, MS Office, Apple OS X, home networking/Wi-Fi, printer installation / setup / config.
- Mobile Support: iPhone/iPad/iOS, Android phones and tablets, Kindle / e-readers, Fire Tablets.
- Smart Home: devices such as assistants, smart lights, smart TV’s, thermostats, door locks, wearable technologies and other home-automation systems.
- High school diploma or GED (post-secondary education preferred).
- Must be able to type 30-40 WPM.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associates degree a plus.
- 1 year of experience in technical support role.
- Technical certifications from organizations such as CompTIA A+, Network+, Microsoft, Apple, or other related bodies in the technical industry.
- Experience working within a support organization providing phone/chat/email based support to customers.
- Strong working knowledge of support services tools and applications such as CRM, knowledge base, remote diagnostic and monitoring tools, collaboration tools, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in writing technical documentation for inclusion in a Knowledge Base.
- Experience with providing training and coaching, either to customers or to internal colleagues.
- Able to collaborate, interact, cooperate and motivate across job functions and teams.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
This position is in a department that is open 365 days a year and we currently have schedules which have shifts starting at 8:00 AM EST and ending at 12 AM EST respectfully (hours subject to change over time). An individual's schedule is generally set for several months at a time, however interested candidates must have a reasonable degree of schedule flexibility to work varying schedules throughout the year.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.