Bilingual Call Center Representative
Overview of Position
Key responsibilities include verbally collecting pertinent information from the customer over the phone, provide empathy during difficult customer conversations, determining insurance coverage on each claim and/or account, multitasking through various systems and applications and providing the appropriate resolution based on Assurant’s company guidelines and values.
This is a remote position that can scheduled to work between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM EST Monday through Friday.
What makes us different?
We stand behind our employees in several important ways. Take a sneak peek at what you can expect from a career at Assurant:
- Customer Impact : Opportunities to create great customer experiences
- Diversity and Inclusion : An open and supportive workplace for all individuals
- Respect and Integrity : A culture of personal accountability and high ethical standards
- Support for Success : Managers and coworkers committed to coaching, guidance, and collaboration
- Recognition : Recognition of significant contributions
- Employee Benefits: Access to a variety of benefits (i.e., Health and Dental Benefits, Health Care Spending Account, Pension, Referrals etc.)
- Work-Life Effectiveness: Innovative approaches to provide you with flexibility
- Career Possibilities: Encouragement to explore your potential and contribute to your fullest
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Handle incoming calls in a high-volume environment.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding service, billing, equipment, features, activations, product function and/or changes to account information.
- Expected to meet and challenged to exceed, department standards with respect to Key Performance Indicators (quality of customer interactions, retention of customer products and services, efficiency of service delivery), resulting in world-class customer service.
- Educate customers on the features and benefits of various products and services and make recommendations based on customer needs.
- Adhere to compliance and call handling guidelines and schedule.
- Ensure data accuracy and security.
- Utilize internet, Microsoft Office, and system tools
- Relay customer feedback to supervisor to identify trends and situations requiring further investigation.
- Other duties as assigned to fulfill business needs.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in an office, call center, or customer service environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bilingual in French preferred
- Ability to work in a remotely in your home office. You will be required to have internet services with a minimum internet speed of 15 Mbps on the download side and a minimum of 3 Mbps on the upload side. You can test your internet speed at www.speedtest.net or by contacting your service provider.
- You will be required to virtually attend 4 weeks of training, Monday through Friday from 8:30 am-4:30 pm.
- Candidate will need to reside in Canada.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.