Are you someone who loves working with consumer electronic devices such as phones and tablets, home theater, smart home devices, wearable tech, and PC’s? Do you have top-notch customer service and collaboration skills? Are you interested in joining a highly team-oriented group of technical support professionals who are paving the way to support the Internet of Things?
We are a dynamic team of highly knowledgeable product support experts. Current members of our team love this role because it exposes them to a wide array of new and emerging technologies, while also allowing them to help people and provide great customer service. Every day is different, and the types of issues you will help with are highly varied and provide a great background to people looking to expand their experience within the technology field.
If this sounds like a team and environment that you would thrive within, we have an opportunity that may interest you!
Our Technical Support Analysts are responsible for the following:
- Provide high-quality technical support to effectively diagnose and resolve support incidents reported by external customers.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve complex issues across a wide array of internet connected devices such as personal computers, mobile phones, tablets, wireless devices, Bluetooth speakers, thermostats, fitness trackers, televisions, home automation devices, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service and ownership of technical support issues.
- Work well in a high energy, dynamic, and collaborative environment.
- Provide appropriate responses and expectations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work as the customer's advocate, demonstrating expertise in support processes and functions, including escalations, complex issue resolution, and customer retention.
- Technical Support Analysts may be required to perform other job-related duties as directed by a member of management to meet business needs and objectives.
- 6 months experience with customer service, troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving.
- Strong experience and working knowledge in one or more of the following technical specialty areas:
- Mobile Support: iPhone/iPad/iOS, Android phones and tablets, Kindle / e-readers, Fire Tablets.
- Smart Home: devices such as assistants, smart lights, smart TV’s, thermostats, door locks, wearable technologies and other home-automation systems.
- PC Support: MS Windows, MS Office, Apple OS X, home networking/Wi-Fi, printer installation / setup / config.
- High school diploma or GED (post-secondary education preferred).
- Must be able to type 30-40 WPM.
- Must be fluent (written and verbal) in English and Spanish
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Associates degree a plus. Bachelors degree preferred.
- 1 year of experience in technical support role.
- Technical certifications from organizations such as CompTIA A+, Network+, Microsoft, Apple, or other related bodies in the technical industry.
- Experience working within a support organization providing phone/chat/email-based support to customers.
- Experience in writing technical documentation for inclusion in a Knowledge Base.
- Able to collaborate, interact, cooperate, and motivate across job functions and teams.
- Business hours of operation are between 8am – 10pm EST, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Successful candidates will have reasonable schedule flexibility to work shifts within this time and day range.
- Assigned shifts are generally set for approximately 4 months at a time but are subject to change depending on business needs. A typical schedule is one where you will work 5 consecutive 8 hour days, with 2 consecutive days off. Shift start times and days off will vary from schedule to schedule.