The Business Analyst role is responsible for understanding business change needs, assessing the impact of those changes, capturing, analyzing and documenting requirements and then supporting the communication and delivery of those requirements with relevant technical teams on multiple initiatives. This position will equip our organization with the operational excellence tools and practices necessary to achieve our strategic objectives and provide the appropriate metrics against which performance will be judged. Leads multiple medium size initiatives and responsible to apply project methodology to implement corporate initiatives.
This is a remote position.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Analyze business and information technology processes to understand customer needs.
- Participates in Technical Design review and ensures design meets business requirements.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional Requirements Document, Systems Requirements Document, Use Cases, User Stories, and Process Flows.
- Applies strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Collaborate with developers, testers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
Business Requirement Elicitation (30%)
- Elicit and define business requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, customer shadowing, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Conduct interviews to gather requirements for project definition, analyze existing procedures and evaluate requested requirements to identify system changes.
- Document inter- and intra-system requirements for use by technical teams for creating design documentation and testing teams for developing test cases. Consult with business on project scope and requirements as needed.
- Utilize prior experience with enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
Planning and Monitoring (25%)
- Effectively applies methodologies and enforces project process and standards.
- Use project methodology to ensure on time, on budget and quality deliverable.
- Leads 2-3 medium size initiatives simultaneously; and participates in activities for large initiatives.
- Creates deliverables that are developed during the Project, includes: As-Is and To-Be process maps, uses cases, business cases, statement of work, standard operating procedures, and project charters.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Identify risks, create a mitigation plan and notify stakeholders
- Facilitate discussions related to business needs to complete business case and prepare initiative for prioritization.
- Capability of working with limited direction and adhere to procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet company and client standards and end-user.
- Works independently with considerable input in the decisions on the techniques and approaches to be used.
Communication and Change Management (15%)
- Effectively communicates relevant initiative information to project team, stakeholders and sponsors.
- Acts as a liaison between stakeholders, operations, customers, Testing, Release, IT and vendor partners.
- Partners with Change Management on communications, procedure updates and training plans.
- Adapting to changes in priorities when operational demands require it.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration and/or related field
- 3 years of policy and agency administration experience
- 3 years of Business Initiatives Analyst type experience demonstrating successful project implementations.
- Experience in technical and business project implementation.
- Experience working with computer systems
- Experienced in Agile Methodology preferred.