This job is responsible to be the point of contact or liaison between the IT and operational teams to support the business needs for the country. Work with local users from different functional areas such as Accounting, Finance, Actuarial, Operations, and Business, to understand the requirements of the users and translate them to the IT team, for developments, changes and updates of the systems as well as analyze to refine the requirements with external clients.
Primary Job Accountabilities/ Responsibilities
- Analyze, collect, and prepare user requirements, definitions, scope and change controls
- Responsible for consolidating/combining ideas, problems, and observations into a concrete concept or presentation
- Responsible for facilitating interventions that favor the transfer of information and clarification of doubts
- Participate as a leader, member or individual contributor to the project as required.
- Organizes tasks to meet deliver deadlines. Depending on area may interact with internal or external customers.
- Participate in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Resolves operational routine questions and problems while referring more complex issues to higher levels.
- Report issues and bugs in appropriate platform and keep them in follow-up until their resolution
- Anticipate problems, develop contingency plans, and recommend solutions for project problems.
- Assist in training and testing activities, reviewing the quality of systems in both.
- Act as business analyst to use simple programming to facilitate and improve current business processes. For example: SQL
- Assist in writing test cases and in conducting user acceptance testing of the developed applications along with the end-users
- Configure new products with the support of the operational and business areas and maintain existing corporate systems
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- 2-3 years of related experience in the function or similar activity outside the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable in Business
- Knowledge in Microsoft products (Excel macro skills, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Report Builder, SharePoint), SAS, SQL, and Benthic Golden.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures
- Applies basic skills and begins to develop advanced skills to procedures, processes, and techniques appropriate for the position within the assigned functional area.
- Knowledgeable user of PC and pertinent applications.
- Self-starter and dynamic
- Good communication and writing skills – English and Spanish
- Analytical and knowledgeable of the agile and project management process
- Understand and applies system development methodologies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of computers and software programs.
- Familiarized with State Insurance Regulations
- Aid as back-up of functions as required by the department needs.
- Complete special projects as required.
- Assist in Communication with end users to determine requirements for data, reports, analyses, and data quality.
- Assist Operations Department in ops trending analysis and ad hoc investigations on lines of business.
- Maintains files and records as required.
“At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.”
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed based on merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.