Support data initiatives for the business and provide client data support. This job will focus on data management, department reporting and problem resolution. This person will work closely with management and department leads to identify key measures of performance, ensure proper reporting on those is in place and ensure data quality. This position requires strong computer skills, attention to detail, positive professional attitude, ability to work on a team environment and from time to time or as business dictates, longer work weeks and extended hours. This position will report to the Manager, Business Technology Operations. This is a remote position, but the ideal candidate will be in the Atlanta area.
- Develop, test and proof of operational reports for the Service Delivery team by working closely with management and department leads to identify key measures of productivity and quality. Examples include user friendly ad hock queries, SharePoint solutions, data files delivered via email and various other reports and delivery methods necessary to run Service Operations.
- Apply analytics to identify trends or patterns that provide insight into the root cause of system failures or process breakdowns.
- Systemize reporting to reduce the manual effort involved in developing reports, running queries, and pushing data out to stakeholders.
- Manage the daily system operations with external technology partner ServicePower which includes project managing any IT issues by acting as the liaison between the Assurant IT department and the external technology partners
- Work closely with management and department leads to identify cost savings opportunities as well as inefficient processes.
- Assist the Manager, Business Operations Technology during new client implementations, existing client requests/enhancements and system support projects.
- BS Degree in Statistics, Computer Science or Data Analytics or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of prior data and/or business analysis experience as data or reporting analyst with SQL and Power BI or any other business analytics tool experience
- Strong analytical skills, with an interest and ability to understand and use Data reconciliation and analytics processes
- Passion for connecting the dots (Data to the Bottom line)
- Ability to analyze problems and provide recommendations
- Ability to deliver results with minimum supervision
- Graduate Degree in Statistics, Computer Science or Data Analytics or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of prior data and/or business analysis experience as data or reporting analyst Prior experience working as Data/Business Analyst in risk, accounting or finance domain is a plus
- Ability to think innovatively
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong analytical skills, with an interest and ability to understand and use Data quality and analytics processes
- Knowledge of data models and query tools
- Ability to create information out of raw data
- Ability to write Data Definition Language or Data Manipulation Language SQL commands
- Ability to improve data quality and design or present conclusions gained from analyzing data using statistical tools like Microsoft Excel , SAS, SPSS and others
- Ability to create process/workflows