Business Integration Analyst
Overview of Position
The Business Integration Analyst will facilitate data acquisition, analysis and reporting requests from both internal and external customers by understanding the business needs, translating this to requirements, then working with our execution teams to develop, test and deploy to solutions.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Meet with internal and external stakeholders to understand their needs & work with deliver channels to ensure timely completion.
- Provide support to Sr Analyst, Lead or other Integration roles to assist in identify business units or functional area needs that can be addressed with Data and/or Analytics assets.
- Own low complexity initiatives, requests and efforts and work with the rest of the Analytics and/or Data Services teams for timely delivery. Support Sr Integration Analyst and Managers in Medium and high Complexity projects.
- Participate in regular meetings with stakeholders to provide status update or change priorities.
- Establish a plan for regular communication of relevant project updates to the appropriate teams.
- Conceptualize low complexity business questions and support Sr Analyst and Manger for medium and high complexity questions.
- Provide support to Sr Analyst and Manager to assist in future analyses and data gathering efforts.
- Development of presentation material to communicate analytics solutions to internal business partners and external clients
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree in the fields of statistics, business, mathematics, computer science or other related fields.
- 2+ years of experience in a data analyst or similar role.
- Experience in data analysis that includes translating insights into recommendations and/or developing reports using tools such as Microsoft Reporting Services or Power BI.
- Experience with a broad range of best-in-class database tools/analytics/research approaches and/or concepts.
- Knowledge of requirements gathering practices.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience in the fields of insurance, finance, accounting or statistics
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and querying techniques using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Understanding of Agile concepts and exposure to TFS/Azure Dev Ops or similar
- Understanding of basic Data-warehousing concepts
- Knowledge of quality assurance and testing procedures
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.