Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world alongside the world’s leading brands. Our innovative solutions take advantage of new technologies to help our clients grow stronger and their customers live more seamlessly. Our reach extends to over 300 million consumers with protection product offerings and integrated services across consumers’ purchases and their connected lifestyles including mobile devices, appliances, electronics, automobiles, homes and more.
We are seeking Business Integration interns to come join our Data Analytics team, where students will find an engaging and supportive learning environment. Business Integration is a unique role that focuses on the strategy and goals of Assurant while coordinating the technical execution of analytical solutions to deliver on those goals. Our interns will assist the team in the planning, management, and implementation of solutions designed to create value for our clients and customers.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Assist the team with prioritization, scoping and planning of Data Analytics deliverables
- Monitor progress and manage status updates regarding execution of deliverables
- Track roadblocks and drive resolution to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Support customer relationships and satisfaction through effective coordination and communication
Conduct Analysis/Solution Development
- Perform data collection and analysis in support of business initiatives
- Produce visualizations and reporting, and present findings to leadership
- Identify areas for process improvement and provide recommendations
In this opportunity the intern has the potential to gain experience, enhanced skill sets and competencies that will make them better prepared for future roles:
- Exposure to corporate environments
- Critical thinking Skills
- Problem solving Skills
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Increased hands-on experience in SQL, PowerBI, DevOps, SharePoint, and more
- Ability to draw insights from a data set and present recommendations that enable the business to take action
- Understanding of Data Warehouse principles and best practices
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Minimum of 2nd year completed and currently enrolled in 3rd or 4th year of undergraduate Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Business Management, Project Management, Information Systems or related program of study. Master’s degree candidates will also be considered.
- 2 years of strong Excel experience
- Ability to work in a team environment and lead effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and possessing excellent follow up skills
- Must be organized and work well with constantly changing priorities
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor
- Sustains a positive outlook and views challenges as opportunities
- Analytical/strategic thinker
- Ability to quickly learn new applications
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and to quickly provide sound decisions and perform tasks with less than complete information
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience in SQL Server and PowerBI
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and data management/warehousing
- Knowledge of statistical programming and machine learning initiatives
The target pay for this intern role is $18.00/hr -$25.00/hr. The amount may differ due to a wide range of factors, including candidate background, experience and work location.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.