The purpose of this role is to facilitate data acquisition, analysis and reporting requests from both internal and external customers by understanding the business needs, translating this to requirements, then working with our execution teams to develop, test & deploy to solutions. This role may also take on the execution on requests and to analyze customer, product and transaction data and deliver insights and impact to the business. This job is also responsible for identifying business units or functional area needs that can be addressed with more advanced Analytics assets and leveraging global solutions for use in area/region of responsibility.
Establish business case:
· Identify business units or functional area needs that can be addressed with Data and/or Analytics assets. The business case includes dollar amount saved or revenue generated through the implementation of analytics.
Prioritize and coordinate:
· Work with the rest of the Analytics and/or Data Services teams for the delivery of data analytics projects, initiatives, requests and efforts. Setup regular meetings with stakeholders to provide status update or change priorities.
· Establish a plan for regular communication of relevant business and consumer insights to the appropriate teams. Deliver effective and compelling communication across the organization in area/region of responsibility to ensure that insights impact the business decision process.
· Conceptualize medium complexity business questions and support Manger for high complexity questions
· Assist in driving ideas for future analyses and data gathering efforts
· Share best practice, trends, knowledge and lessons learned across units and with clients and partners, articulating ideas verbally and in writing in a clear manner across audiences of varied levels
· Lead and/or collaborate with team members (onsite and virtual) on projects, to identify issues or request feedback
· Present analytics solutions to internal business partners and external clients
· Lead and/or collaborate on projects with associates and business leaders from multiple groups within the organization
· May take on the development, testing & deployment of automated reporting solutions following standards and guidelines set out by the department.
· Provide User Training:
Work with end users to give them training on a variety of tools & technologies to allow them to be self-sufficient in some of their basic data needs
Bachelor’s degree in the fields of statistics, business, mathematics, computer science or other related fields is required.
- 5+ years of experience in business analysis, research, statistics, applied mathematics, data management, business intelligence, or related fields
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis that includes translating insights into recommendations
- Experience with SAS, R, python, and/or relational database software.
- Experience with concepts and business applications of statistical analyses, such as predictive modeling, time series analysis, exploratory data analysis, segmentation and cluster analysis, retention, etc.
- Experience with project management and leading project teams
- Experience in the fields of insurance, finance or accounting
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great communication at all levels in the organization
- Attention to detail/accuracy
- Ability to gather requirements from end users and translate them to an end product
- Ability to lead projects and deliver results under time constraints
- Ability to work independently and in a team to develop innovative solutions.
- Able to manage multiple initiatives and support multiple clients simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Great presentation skills
- Great critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate business priorities with other teams, such as Data Services, and ensure work is completed in time to meet established deadlines
- Cross-functional business & operations knowledge
- Knowledge of Excel, MS word, MS PowerPoint
- Great documentation skills
“At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.”
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.