Job Description Template
Manager, Business Integration
Reports To (Job Title)
VP, Business Integration
EMT1795 – Grade 013
For UK roles
Is this role in scope for IDD ☐Yes☐No
For UK roles
Is this role in scope for SM&CR ☐Yes☐No
* Compensation will complete the Job Code for newly created jobs
Job Purpose (Why job exists)
Provide a summary of the job’s purpose and objectives
This job is responsible for identifying business units or functional area needs that can be addressed with Data and/or Analytics assets leveraging global solutions for use in area/region of responsibility.
Primary Job Accountabilities/
Indicate % of time devoted to each accountability. % should total 100%.) Please describe the scope of duties involved in each area of responsibility/ accountability. If the responsibility spans the Assurant enterprise or has regional responsibilities, please indicate so.
Generally, include the top 10-12 accountabilities/ responsibilities.
Establish business case:
- Identify business units or functional area needs that can be addressed with Data and/or Analytics assets. The business case includes dollar amount saved or revenue generated through the implementation of analytics.
Prioritize and coordinate:
- Work with the rest of the Analytics and/or Data Services teams for the delivery of data analytics projects, initiatives, requests and efforts. Setup regular meetings with stakeholders to provide status update or change priorities.
- Establish a plan for regular communication of relevant business and consumer insights to the appropriate teams. Deliver effective and compelling communication across the organization in area/region of responsibility to ensure that insights impact the business decision process.
Provide User Training:
- Work with end users to give them training on a variety of tools & technologies to allow them to be self-sufficient in some of their basic data needs.
Develop Dashboards & Perform Analysis:
- Develop SQL queries to prepare datasets for reports/dashboards and analysis of low to medium complexity, develop automated reports/dashboards, analyze program performance and provide insights to business stakeholders.
Responsibility for the work of others
Number of Direct Reports and Typical Job Titles
Responsible for Business Integration Analysts that may be located in different countries and/or time zones. Up to 5 direct reports.
Total Number of Employees (includes direct reports and all employees in those organizations)
Responsibility for managing project resources
Include any budget responsibility- expense management or revenue.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
Basic qualifications must be (1) non-comparative (not based on a comparison of one individual with another); (2) objective (not based on the employer’s subjective judgment); and (3) relevant to performance of the job and consistent with business-related goals.
- Education: List the minimum level of education required in order for someone to perform this job)
- Previous Experience: List the minimum number of years and type of experience required to perform the essential functions of the job. For example Customer Care Position: 1 year experince in a customer service function.
- Knowledge and Skills: List the minimum level of knowledge & skills required for somone to perform the job
Qualifications that a person must have to do the job (such as a knowledge or skill) but that does not meet the definition of a basic. Example: Must be able to acquire Health Insurance License within 60 days of employment.
A bachelor’s degree in the fields of statistics, business, mathematics, computer science or other related fields is required.
- 6+ years of experience in business analysis, research, statistics, applied mathematics, data management, business intelligence, or related fields
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis that includes translating insights into recommendations
- Experience with SAS, R, python, and/or relational database software.
- Experience with concepts and business applications of statistical analyses, such as predictive modeling, time series analysis, exploratory data analysis, segmentation and cluster analysis, retention, etc.
- Experience with project management and leading project teams
- Experience in the fields of insurance, finance or accounting
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge in building and integrating actionable datasets with an ability to leverage information through advanced analytics to produce valuable business, market and customer insights.
- Proven ability as an effective and compelling communicator in both meeting room and small to medium audience settings.
- One who operates as a business partner to the line executives they work with by understanding the broader business context and applying marketplace-gained insights to drive decision making.
- Able to manage multiple initiatives and support multiple clients simultaneously.
- High level of intelligence, a quick study of complex problems and a well-organized approach to finding impactful solutions.
- One who is fact-based in approach and who naturally sets/measures performance against clear metrics.
- Good analytical skills, along with excellent communication/presentation skills are required.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate at all levels in the organization
- Ability to provide innovative approach to problem solving and demonstrate a track record of such
- Cross-functional business & operations knowledge
Environmental / Physical Demands
Define any physical demands-strength, agility, mobility abilities- required to perform the essential function of the job with or without an accommodation
Environment/Physical Demands : This position requires incumbents to regularly sit at a desk and operate standard office equipment such as a computer and phone. Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, lift, carry and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to talk and hear. Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel or Shift Work
Define travel or shift work required to perform the essential function of the job. Include % of time expected to travel
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
List additional qualifications that may be considered but are not a requirement for a candidate to perform the essential functions of the job
- Education : For example: If minimum requirement is AA the preferred could be a BA/BS
- Knowledge and Skills: Additional relevant skillsets that would enable an indivdual to perform at a higher level
- Previous Experience: F or example - Customer Care: 1 year experince in a customer service function is the minimum requirement however 3+ years is the preferred.
Preferred Previous Experience
5+ years’ experience in the fields of insurance, finance, accounting or statistics
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of advanced relational database concepts and querying techniques using Microsoft SQL Server
- Understanding of Agile concepts and exposure to TFS/Azure Dev Ops or similar
- Understanding of fundamental Data-warehousing concepts
- Knowledge of quality assurance and testing procedures
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.