Assurant is a global provider of lifestyle and housing solutions that help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We protect, connect, and support over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles, and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 300, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit https://www.assurant.com/
Drive standardization, automation and reusability of enterprise data model solutions and analytical products to deliver consistent, actionable information and insights across the enterprise for business and functional support areas. Support the delivery of revenue growth, expense optimization, competitive advantage and drive data driven decision making, by increasing analytical maturity. Leverage existing tools to efficiently deliver or present the information to internal or external audience.
This is a remote position.
- Ensure change management and quality assurance practices are understood, adhered to, and leveraged to enhance system health and quality.
- Lead, plan, and manage significant departmental, division, or enterprise projects in support of project objectives and deadlines.
- Direct efforts to ensure supported BI environments and Data Models are stable and highly available, cost efficient, and at an appropriate level of technical maturity. Provide effective, flexible, and secure BI solutions that support business strategy and operations.
- Collect requirements from stakeholders and leverage knowledge of the key components and relationships of Assurant products, distribution channels, customer base, systems, and data into solution designs for effective reporting.
- Implement and optimize data models, processes and analytical solutions through standardization and automation by leveraging tools and proven methodology while using storytelling to drive business thinking.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Business, Economics, Accounting, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in the fields of insurance, analytics, and reporting.
- Experienced in visualization techniques, Profound in visual story telling with data, designing highly automated descriptive analytics/reporting solutions, building, integrating, and managing databases, creating data models, especially within the PowerBI stack, understanding of business needs and processes.
- Broad in PowerBI, Excel, SSRS and Tableau, Profound in SharePoint, PowerApps, MSFlow, SQL and/or SAS
- Profound in effective and compelling communication to technical and non-technical departments
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Business, Economics, Accounting, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in the fields of insurance, analytics, and reporting
- Experienced in analyzing data and make strong recommendations based on findings, prioritizing tasks with shifting deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously and working independently with little guidance while still meeting objectives