Business Product & Customer Experience Owner
As a leader in the Agile Delivery process, the Business Product & Customer Experience Owner for the Global Communications Platform leverages their experience in customer experience design and source system integration processes to determine the appropriate customer engagement strategy and carry this through tactical execution. The Business Product Owner represents the “voice of the customer” at the Agile team level, setting, maintaining and prioritizing the product backlog to ensure that the team is working on stories that maximize business value and deliver necessary fixes and functionality to all customers.
The Business Product & Customer Experience Owner applies specialized product knowledge and expertise to understand business and technology objectives, and communicates the roadmap and requirements to the Agile team, prioritizes and translates needs into user stories and acceptance criteria to ensure that expected outcomes are achieved. The Business Product Owner leads product work intake process, coordinating from initial request through planning and budgeting stages, overseeing product epic grooming process to align on priorities and sequencing.
Develop Strategic Roadmap – 10%
- Leverages expertise with both multiple source systems, source system integration protocol, the Global Communications Manager platform, and detailed claims operations processes to determine implementation roadmap
- Leverages business acumen to translate business need to a roadmap to tactical execution
- Demonstrates expertise in one’s respective domain; stay abreast on trends in customer needs and expectations
- Identifies and establishes cross-functional resources required to meet business objectives
Customer Engagement Experience Design (15%)
- Leads ideation and design of customer communications experiences using human-centered design techniques within a collaborative environment
- Leverages CX methodology and supporting tools (e.g. Blueprints, Experience Maps, CX Design Flows, Operations Flows, Source System Architecture diagrams) to determine the optimal customer engagement strategy at every step of the journey
- Secures stakeholder alignment and buy-in for proposed engagement strategy
- Completes research as necessary to build/maintain knowledge related to industry, market, clients and consumers (e.g. researching competition, best practices, technology advancements, digital engagement channels, etc.)
Asset/Program Management (25%)
- Based on engagement experience design, create, manage and maintain channel engagement matrix including stakeholder management and obtaining all required approvals
- Participate in PI planning and serve as SME for Global Communications Manager and communication engagement strategy
- Ensure agile release trains are coordinated to meet roadmap requirements
- Manage artifacts and document-sharing processes/platform
- Maintain artifact audits against production
- Work with stakeholders to manage communications refresh cadence to ensure alignment with current process, positioning, and brand
- Identify root cause of any defects and oversee defect management through to conclusion
Reporting & Analysis (15%)
- Develop, maintain and report relevant metrics through automated dashboards
- Leverage metrics to drive insights that improve the customer experience and help drive business objectives
- Leverage metrics to calculate value realization of specified initiatives
Stakeholder Management (10%)
- Communicates decisions, priorities, and other relevant product initiative information to appropriate stakeholders
- Collaborates with a cross-functional team of designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop and execute against product roadmaps and release plans
- Build relationships with cross-functional teams to actively influence
- Responsible for stakeholder management and ongoing management of all artifacts
General Execution (15%)
- Maintain the product backlog, including definition of epics and features
- Aid collaboration with User Experience partners in usability testing and the development of the user design
- Helps ensure that the products meet the stated business need
- Helps evaluate delivered work against functional and non-functional requirements
- Work with team members to ensure the product functionality is appropriately documented
- Assist customer support teams, and develop and implement trainings and communications that allow partners and internal clients to better understand the products and changes that were made
- Participate in planning activities and proactively partner with other Product Owners/Technical Product Owners to ensure alignment on dependent platforms
- Support the review, acceptance, and prioritization of feedback and new requirements from project stakeholder
- Actively participate in all agile/scrum ceremonies (as needed)
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years equivalent large-scale program management work experience
- 3 years’ experience in leading cross-functional teams or process improvement initiates
- 3 years’ experience process/journey mapping
- 3 years’ experience successfully delivering products utilizing an Agile Delivery methodology
- Strong leadership and teaming skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize diverse elements of complex projects for people, tasks, communication, change, etc. to drive optimal outcomes and results- strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to excel in a large, matrix environment
- Strong attention to detail and focus on root-cause analysis
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated through past experience and results
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Skilled at leading meetings and making presentations
- Agile certifications such as Product Manager or Product Owner preferred.
- An advanced degree preferred
- Experience collaborating with teams comprised of both on-shore and off-shore models is recommended.
- 4 years’ experience successfully delivering products utilizing an Agile Delivery methodology
- 5 years’ Assurant systems and process experience (or similar external applications)
- Business acumen to be able to translate business value from a roadmap/vision to tactical execution
- Experience with backlog creation and management in common tools (AzureDevOps, VSTS, Jira, etc.)
- Prior experience working as a Product Owner in an Agile Transformation environment
- Experience with various Agile frameworks (Scrum, SAFe, etc.)
- Hands on experience with process improvement methodologies (Lean, 6Sigma, etc.)
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.