Assurant is seeking a Business Reporting Analyst who will be responsible for analyzing business intelligence (BI), reporting requirements, producing a range of reports, scorecards, dashboards and other solutions. This position will create new reports and enhance existing ones using various BI tools. This position is responsible for understanding and addressing customer and user requirements, their strategies and their goals. Based on the requirements and knowledge of the customer’s needs, this position will determine what reporting method best fits the need and delivers the data required. The position brings a working knowledge of the organization’s systems, expertise in the business area as well as in current technology advances and capabilities. This position can be a part of data testing and data load validation. Depending on the project, may prepare test scripts and conduct user acceptance tests. Regularly executes and coordinates production of reports as well as trouble shoot and facilitate solutions to reporting issues.
- Assists in the analysis of requirements and design solutions for approved projects and change requests of moderate complexity and risk.
- Gathers, organizes and documents requirements.
- Assists with system/data analysis and reporting solutions development based on requirements.
- Has responsibility for production reporting support.
- Fully accommodates customer’s business needs
- Maintain positive customer relationship with strong communication and coordination.
- Possesses the ability to communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms when working with non-technical customers.
- Maintains reporting process documentation.
- Regularly produces internal and external customer and client reports.
- Advanced PC knowledge, including Excel.
- Working knowledge of SQL, Power BI and Sharepoint.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and statistical skills.
- Professional, friendly and courteous demeaner to work well with teammates and business partners.
- Acts with high degree of integrity and ability to exercise sound judgement.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to deliver results on time.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and assignments based on workload.
- Education - Associate Degree, technical diploma in Computer Science or Business Information Systems or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 2-3 years professional experience
- Experience with Power BI, SQL and SharePoint