Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Business Unit Project Manager!
We are a market leader in the Shared/Gig Economy, Leased and Financed Equipment and Classic Car space. The Business Unit Project Manager will manage key aspects of project planning, implementation and execution of key initiatives. They will work with team members and internal customers to coordinate and plan projects/implementations and ensure expected objectives are met in a timely manner. They will work with the business unit and management to find new efficiencies for various processes already in place and will drive those to completion.
This position requires high energy, a positive attitude and a team player mentality in all aspects. Strong communication skills, project management, research, organizational and analytical problem-solving skills are essential.
- Works independently with limited guidance of more senior staff/management to plan and organize project strategy
- May schedule and lead calls regarding activity
- Assist stakeholders to gather and document business requirements
- Maintain or provide updates to task plans
- Coordinate activities with internal support groups as needed to ensure project remains on schedule and in accordance with project plan
- Represent Assurant when needed during project meetings
- Recognize opportunities for process improvement and propose recommendations
- Prepare stakeholders for implementations by planning and/or gathering operational requirements
- Monitors progress through review of implementation schedules. Redirects efforts and escalates when initiative goals are not being met
- Maximize efficiency of assigned project team through strong leadership, organizational and motivational skills. Work with team to resolve project team conflicts
- Projects may vary as medium scope projects with moderate risk and complexity as well as portions of high-risk, larger projects
- This is a remote opportunity
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, project management or business/operations management
- At least 2 - 4 years of project management business experience; 5 + years preferred
- Knowledge of Six Sigma tools and methodologies preferred. Project Management Institute (PMI) PMP certification a plus
- Commercial Auto experience is also a plus.
- Requires thorough knowledge of business processes and an understanding of the factors that influence Assurant values
- Understanding of all stages of project life cycle
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Collaborate through cross functional teams to deliver results
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong influence and relationship building skills
- Meeting facilitation skills (assist with facilitation of meetings, updates to project plans, project initiation documents, etc.)
- Results oriented and detail focused
- High level of integrity and customer focus
- Requires excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Able to manage conflicts that arise between project team members from multiple area working together to complete a task.
- Maximize efficiency of project team through strong leadership, organizational and motivational skills.