The Business Unit Systems Analyst (BUSA) is a self-starter with the desire to be a critical member of our growing Operations Technology team in an Agile environment. The Business Unit Systems Analyst strives to produce high quality work through collaboration with the team while making a difference through individual contributions to ensure project success for our team and our clients. As a Business Unit Systems Analyst, you will work directly with end-users to solve production support issues, analyze and document root cause and impact analysis of system problems. The Business Unit Systems Analyst maintains a broad understanding of business processes and related systems/interfaces and is called upon to provide strategic input when necessary. This position resides in a matrix environment and supports a large-scale distributed, complex technical platform.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Provide general customer and IT support for assigned business applications; works with the user and technical staff to identify the source of problems; develops effective resolutions
- Research and respond to inquiries and system change requests from various quality and business partners
- Execute in-depth root cause and impact analysis of reported system issues and understand their validity against defined operational/technology processes and procedures
- Analyze data to determine business problems, trends, or opportunities for process improvements
- Support daily system and operational control report monitoring
- Conduct in depth research using multiple tools including various Assurant systems, SQL, Client servicing systems
- Work directly with various levels of business partners, Product Owners and Technical Product Owners to explain SSP system responses and processes
- May be called upon to create User Stories at the request of the Product Owner
- Maintain knowledge of business functionality and technical platforms as business climate and technology platforms evolve
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years of experience in a Business Analyst/Business Unit Systems Analyst role; insurance or financial services background is helpful but not required
- East Coast time availability
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Ability to quickly learn & adapt to new applications and systems
- Working knowledge of Data Analysis and/or relational databases; Understanding SQL and writing case statements is a plus
- Demonstrate exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills, as well as proficiency in documentation
- Desire to work in an Agile environment where priorities and deadlines may change regularly
- Experience interpreting moderate to complex workflow processes
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage and prioritize diverse elements of complex projects for people, tasks, communication, change, etc. to drive optimal outcomes and results
- Effective communicator with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to follow up in a timely manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Visio with strong focus on MS Excel
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.