Capital Actuarial Manager
Remote Working Opportunities Available
About Assurant :
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients and customers. To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
We are looking for a Capital Actuarial Manager to join our Actuarial team. Reporting into our Chief Actuary. You will have an impactful effect on growth and capital efficiency by using capital models and software to lead own view ORSA modelling, technical provision and SCR management, modelling and forecasting. You will lead of data lineage, guide actuarial assumption setting and use these to improve actuarial capital forecasting, modelling and management. Likely areas of focus will be capital management and pricing reviews. You will also contribute to reserving from time to time.
Other responsibilities include;
- You will have a unique opportunity to work with senior management and contribute to decisions made in the business.
- Under moderate guidance, the Capital Actuarial Manager supports translations of actuarial findings into communications and recommendations to the solvency and capital forum in respect of TPs, own funds and SCR, forecasting, and annual/quarterly QRT process.
- Apply complex and advanced capital actuarial techniques in WTW Igloo platform, and expertise to multiple projects for our products and legal entity consolidation. Work covers multiple non-life insurance legal entities.
- Improve company data systems, capital modelling and management, and departmental processes to promote conversion, enhancements, automation and formal documentation of improvements
- Functional responsibilities may include:
- Lead capital model development in WTW Igloo platform (coding and review experience in WTW Igloo platform required to achieve this)
- Lead capital modelling in Igloo
- Contribute to experience analysis and assumption setting
- Support the group capital management process and reporting
- Work with our audit teams
- Support annual life and general insurance reserve company reporting to the PRA
- Prepare Chief Actuary component reports
- Support the successful operation of Assurant's Solvency and Capital Committee structure through delivery of work items; tight version control and partner management skills
- Support pricing through analysis of capital requirements and supporting deal ROE metrics
You will have the following skills;
- Experience from newly qualified actuary up to 3+ years post qualification experience
- At least 5+ years of experience of insurance industry experience
- Proficient in Microsoft packages and Igloo Actuarial Software
- Experience of Capital modelling techniques specifically in General Insurance using WTW Igloo platform
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.