Assurant is looking for Claims Adjusters to join our growing team at our Miami, FL office! If you are motivated, solution-oriented and have a passion for providing great customer service, come grow a fulfilling career with us!
As an Adjuster, you’ll provide be working directly with policyholders when they have a claim. You’ll advocate for the policyholder by listening, analyzing problems, and guide them through the claims process. You’ll use your expertise to proactively make recommendations that will help customers avoid future issues.
Qualifications & Skills Needed:
- 2+ years of prior Claims Adjuster experience
- Active 6-20 All-Lines (Independent/Company) license and required continuing education hours up to date
- Relentless drive to provide exceptional customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to draft business-level communications when responding to customers
- Strong listening, problem solving, and negotiating skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking ability with an ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced work environment
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision to manage schedules and meet deadlines
What you will enjoy:
- The variety of work - every day and every customer’s situation is unique
- Being part of a high performing, collaborative and supportive team
- Competitive compensation and paid time off
- Medical benefits begin on your first day
- Career advancement opportunities
We will train you:
- In a combination of virtual “class room” & “on the job” training that is typically 7 weeks long but duration can vary
- Class room training hours are typically Monday through Friday from 8am – 5pm EST with a lunch break
- Work schedules vary between the hours of 8am and 5pm EST, Monday through Friday
- Our Miami, FL office is located at 11222 Quail Roost Drive Miami, FL 33157.
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.