Title: Claims Adjuster
Overview of Position
We are looking for individuals interested in learning our business, growing their expertise, and becoming a future leader. As a Claims Adjuster, you will review policy language, supporting documentation and other pertinent information to adjudicate and decision a claim in a timely manner, as required by both state and or company regulations. The Claims Adjuster is responsible for providing front line, direct contact with clients and customers when they have a claim against their insurance policy and/or membership program. The role includes acting as a customer advocate by setting expectations and guiding each client/customer through the claims process. The role will determine covered loss by analyzing provisions of each specific policy/certificate or terms & conditions of the program in question; study documentation submitted; assemble additional information as required from outside sources; initiate and review investigation of questionable claims; and collaborate with other teams such as Legal, SIU, and business unit management, when appropriate.
This position will be a Work from Home opportunity after training is completed. This position may be required to return on-site returning to working at our Miami location sometime in the future.
*Work schedules will be between the hours of 8am and 5pm EST, Monday through Friday.
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You love helping and connecting with people
- You’re a problem solver who likes to think on your feet and you enjoy challenges
- You thrive in a fast paced and changing environment
- You enjoy being on the phone and are passionate about customer service
What You Will Enjoy
- The variety of work - every day and every customer’s situation is unique
- Being part of a high performing, collaborative and supportive team
- The opportunity to demonstrate your exceptional problem-solving abilities
- Medical benefits begin on your first day
- Competitive compensation and paid time off
- Shift differential for nights and weekend schedules
- Career advancement opportunities
- Provide superior service to our customers by listening, analyzing problems, and guiding them through the claims process.
- Use your expertise to proactively make recommendations that will help customers avoid future issues
- We are an environment that fosters growth and enables you to learn new aspects about our business, systems, policies and most importantly how to effectively engage and resolve customer challenges
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Relentless drive to provide exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to change and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task using technology while handling calls.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- 620 Claims Adjuster License (or must obtain this license within 15 days of employment)
- Flexible to work overtime when needed.
- If you are being hired for a remote position, you are required to have internet services with a minimum internet speed of 15 Mbps on the download side and a minimum of 3 Mbps on the upload side. You can test your internet speed at www.speedtest.net or by contacting your service provider.”
What You Should Know About Us
- Our uncompromising values- Common Sense, Common Decency, Uncommon Thinking, and Uncommon Results guide the way we support our customers and how we work with one another
- We are a Fortune 500 company employing approximately 15,000 people in 16 countries
- We have over 125 years of experience innovating and adapting to the changing needs of our customers
Our Miami, FL office is located at 11222 Quail Roost Drive Miami, FL 33157
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.