Technical Product Owner/Technical Product Manager (Client Delivery)
In this role, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process from discovery to delivery. You will work directly with designers, engineers and stakeholders to ship meaningful products. We are looking for candidates with an innovation mindset and full range of product development skills. Applicants must be able to push the boundaries of what is possible, while sharing in our healthy obsession of quality and simplicity.
This is a remote position.
Primary Job Accountability / Responsibilities
- Work cross functionally with the business product owners, business heads and delivery heads to execute the product strategy and roadmap
- Act as a subject matter expert to a cross-functional team on SAFe PI planning, ART sync, sprint planning, standups, retrospectives, and maintaining/controlling a backlog
- Manage an effective and groomed backlog
- Clearly define Acceptance Criteria and on time delivery to meeting commitments
- World Class Program & Project Execution, consistently hitting dates
- Working experiences with offshore teams and Cross Functional communication
- Efficient and Effective Solution Delivery Process development with continuous improvement driven by data
- Working closely with Product Management and Design to execute the product roadmap and strategy.
- Ensuring appropriate product discovery is performed using Agile Lean Methodologies.
- Evaluate software systems and design experiments to test software system operations. Report feedback to Product Management and Senior Business Management. Collaborate with the Product Management team to drive data-driven decisions to implement digital products for Assurant.
- Design, implement, and interpret results from A/B and multivariate tests, and provide recommendations to Product Management and Senior Business Management.
- Working with Engineering Leads and Senior Business Management to ensure timely delivery of projects using Agile Scrum Methodologies.
- Triaging post-production issues and prioritizing remediation based on the severity level.
- Maintaining and prioritizing product backlog.
- Evaluate company software architecture so as to understand how the Assurant bundled products work, to validate product development procedures, and to contribute to the usability of the digital products.
- Writing user stories and acceptance criteria that address the user problem being solved.
- Signing off on acceptance test cases and ensure all issues are addressed prior to product launch.
- Define KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to track product usage activities and collaborate with data scientists to create Business Intelligence (BI) dashboards. Evaluate Assurant business needs and define KPIs to establish baseline value of our digital products and to measure the performance of different drivers of business. Design and develop standard dashboards to monitor product performance trends. Perform thorough analysis and conduct regular ad hoc reports for mid-level and senior management.
- Develop experimental and analytics plans to quantify the impact and profitability for major product changes. Perform, under the supervision of Product Management and Senior Business Management team, data analysis, data reconciliation, and data retrieval from various internal Assurant reporting systems, and then assist with the identification of data gaps and data quality issues.
- Write user stories using Agile Scrum methodologies to automate data processing and reporting in order to streamline the process to generate efficient and accurate product insights.
- Assist with development of client reporting dashboards with the goal of using data to optimize future business decisions while working under the direction of Product Management and Senior Business Management team.
- Assist in developing and executing strategy to research and implement techniques to analyze user behavior using digital products. Build predictive models for user behavior and develop a deep understanding of the behaviors of clients in the insurance marketplaces so as to help inform product development decisions.
- Co-ordinate with Product Management and Senior Business Management team with developing platform components required for processing data, computing features, and developing predictive models for client behavior.
- Working experiences with Digital Transformation, Mobile applications (IOS, Android), IOT and Client Delivery space
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree preferably in business, IT, computer science, engineering, project management or another technology-focused field
- 4+ years of experience in managing moderate to high complexity agile projects
- Proficiency in a wide range of tools and software
- Proficiency in Agile Methodologies (SAFe - Scaled Agile Framework, PI Planning, ART, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, IA) and KPIs.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience working closely in cross-disciplinary teams, including Business Analysts and Developers, to shepherd products through the complete SDLC
- Comprehensive understanding of the current trends and best practices in web, mobile (IOS, Android), and emerging technologies
- Strong practical knowledge of agile SAFe methodologies, product development, information architecture, A/B Testing, usability testing, SDK, API and UX/UI
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, acting quickly when required
- Working knowledge of other coding languages and when they are appropriately used
- Experience in implementing CMS solutions and maximizing them for efficiency and reusability
- Familiarity with the technical architectural considerations involved when designing for complex systems
- Working experience as Technical Product Owner or Technical Product Manager
- Experience with mobile applications and client delivery is desired
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- An unwavering passion to advocate on behalf of our users
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs and customer expectations
- Adept at leading software projects of varying sizes and degrees of complexity
- A strong work ethic navigates through ambiguity, tireless focus on the customer, demonstrated experience delivering business needs, and experience creating simple and intuitive interfaces for complex applications across multiple sectors (ecommerce, B2B, B2B2C, D2C)
- A passionate advocate for the user, always putting their needs first
- Deep empathy for the user’s daily struggles and challenges and commitment to always provide the best experience possible
- Experience collaborating with teams comprised of both on-shore and off-shore models
- Remote working experience. 10% Travel
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- MS/MBA, or equivalent, preferred
- 7 years managing moderate to high complexity agile projects
- Agile certifications such as SAFe Product Owner preferred
- Scrum Master experience preferred