Compliance Oversight Manager - 12 month fixed term contract
Any European Office location
Remote Working opportunities
About Assurant :
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
The role of the Compliance Oversight Manager is to undertake reviews of Assurant’s UK and Europe general insurance regulated businesses to ensure the groups regulatory compliance strategy, policies and operational processes are adhered to, that all gaps and risks are identified, and reported to the business for remediation.
Ensuring effective systems and controls are in place which can be evidenced and reported on to the UK and European Regulators and Supervisory Authorities and that actions following various oversight and monitoring activity are met.
- Undertakes high level and Operational compliance reviews in relation to the Annual Audit Plan to identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability, regulatory gaps, non-conformance and risk, using approved methodology
- Produces reports using approved templates
- Develops and implements corrective action plans for the resolution of problematic issues and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
- Agrees findings, recommendations and actions with stakeholders
- Monitors closure of outstanding actions
- Escalates overdue actions
- Undertakes oversight, monitoring and reporting of Governance Framework and New Business Approval Process demonstrating adherence to NBP Process
- Undertakes European Due Diligence checks in respect of Clients and Vendor Risk Management demonstrating adherence to corporate policies
- Undertakes oversight, monitoring and reporting of Outsourced Arrangements in respect of Clients, TPAs and Inter-Group arrangements, demonstrating implementation of Outsourced Framework
- Undertakes periodic reviews of management information and root cause analysis to identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability, regulatory gaps, non-conformance and risk, using approved methodology
You will have the following Skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a regulated environment – PRA/FCA/DNB preferred.
- English is essential + one other European language is preferred; French, German, Dutch
- Extensive knowledge of Compliance/Regulatory/Legislative, Risk and Governance requirements and resulting processes, preferably within a regulatory environment.
- Experience of completing monitoring and oversight activities
- Analytically strong with the ability to produce innovative solutions when problem solving.
- Ability to produce comprehensive and effective high level reporting in relation to Compliance/Regulatory activity and client monitoring plans.
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to wellbeing programmes from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.