Cost Accounting Manager
Remote Working Opportunities Available
About Assurant :
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, CP&A you will be responsible for the preparation, review and explanation of month end cost performance. You will also lead our European cost base, ensuring our accounts are complete and accurate and prepared in line with our monthly reporting timetables. You will work with the cost business partners to produce management reporting and help understand performance. You will also be the person who builds, maintains and develops cost models, both for actuals and plan, and can act as the key person for group level data requests on costs.
Other responsibilities include;
- Maintain monthly accruals & prepayments for the cost base, reviewing for reasonableness, completeness and accuracy against prior month and plan. Ensure the cost contract database is maintained through liaison with cost business partners and maintain PowerQuery models that drive the ledger postings.
- Maintain accurate Payroll postings to ledger, ensuring reconciled back to payroll reports and that cost centre reallocations are done accurately based on business inputs. Ensure the PowerQuery models used to generate the postings are understood, maintained and developed as necessary.
- Ensure balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis, balances understood and investigated. Identify risks and opportunities to feed into the Senior Cost Planning & Analysis Manager.
- Support the Senior Cost Planning & Analysis manager in maintaining and developing the cost database and analytical tools, being comfortable in pulling data and creating new reporting, particularly in PowerQuery, PowerPivot and PowerBI (or have a strong desire to develop quickly in using these tools).
You will have the following skills;
- Has a Finance Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and is recently qualified (up to 2 years)
- Has experience of operational finance (month end / financial control), and using standard general ledgers (Sun, SAP, Oracle for example)
- Experience of working in finance in a mid to large sized organization
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and generic systems experience. Experience of data modelling tools such as PowerQuery, PowerPivot and PowerBI would be an advantage. A desire to develop technical systems skills is key.
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.