Customer Experience Analyst
The Customer Experience Analyst is responsible for identifying opportunities to improve the customer experience by analyzing data, managing critical voice-of-the-customer listening posts (such as post-claims surveys) and reporting on customer experience.
Identify Opportunities to Improve Customer Experience (40%)
- Perform analysis on available data including voice of the customer (VOC) listening posts (such as surveys), operational metrics, and other variables (program type, product type, etc) to identify relationships, trends, and opportunities for improvement for the various products.
- Perform root cause analysis, including sample audits and text-data mining, to determine drivers of both dissatisfaction and satisfaction
- Recommend improvements based on business cases created from findings
Managing VOC Listening Posts (15%)
- Manage and optimize listening posts set up to collect Voice of Customer feedback
- Conduct regular audits to ensure surveys are offered when expected or desired
- Monitor survey data to ensure systems and processes are functioning as expected, including frequency of records, response rates, and drop rates
- Perform analysis on anomalies in data to address challenges and maintain regular flow of VOC data
- Create models to assess and estimate impact of changes
Reporting on Customer Experience (25%)
- Provide reporting as needed
- Provide reports on escalations and issues
- Monitor and track performance of CX enhancements launched, including NPS and business metrics
Support Customer Experience Initiatives (20%)
- Perform ad hoc analysis and/or participate in projects as needed to ensure success of customer experience initiatives
- A minimum of 3 years experience creating queries utilizing either SQL or Microsoft Access.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a role requiring advanced skills in Excel and Visio.
- A minimum of 1 year experience translating client/customer needs to customer experience journey maps as well as company policies, procedures, and detailed process flow maps.
- In-depth analytical skills, including the ability to leverage critical thinking to evaluate and organize available data. Basic experience (1-3 yrs) using tools such as SQL to append additional data, identify relationships and summarize results. Includes significant Excel experience (3-5 yrs), including the ability to create pivot tables and combine multiple tables (such as through VLOOKUP). Strong cognitive skills and experience with root cause analysis.
- Ability to search for, find, collect, analyze, interpret and evaluate information that is relevant to CX, and communicate findings.
- Ability to measure effectiveness of voice-of-the-customer program, including calculating and monitoring both response and completion rates by channel & campaign, and impact to both with changes (A/B testing). Establishing controls (where not in place) to ensure alerting if response rate, completion rate, or throughput unexpectedly changes.
- Ability to organize both structured and unstructured data into charts, graphs, and tables for purposes of communicating information.
- Basic understanding of process improvement approach, including leveraging analysis and critical thinking to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Basic understanding of project management, including the ability to coordinate people and processes to ensure initiatives are delivered on-time. Able to identify dependencies and 'big rocks' early enough to either escalate or determine alternative solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal clients/stakeholders. All communications (both verbal and written) are: well written and clearly convey the required information; free of grammatical and spelling errors; inclusive of the appropriate level of detail given the intended audience; empathetic and on-tone for the particular situation. Works with others to resolve differences in a professional and productive manner.
- Ability to manage projects end to end; leverages resources to maximize efficiency and results. Once trained, able to complete most tasks independently but may need management supervision for more complex initiatives
- Working knowledge of online analytics
- Familiar with primary research, including Net Promoter Score methodology.
- Requires incumbent to be self-motivated to work to complete multiple projects/tasks in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Passionate about the customer experience and quality control.
- Working knowledge of on-line analytics is desirable
- Operations experience with various channels used by customers to interact with us and provide feedback (face to face, telephone, website, mobile application).
- Basic understanding of agile principles and how to engage agile teams for delivery.
- Basic understanding of CX Tools (eg Service Blueprinting, Experience Maps, etc), including how to read and communicate documents, make minor updates to existing documents, and assist in the facilitation and creation of new documents.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.