Job Purpose (Why job exists)
The Customer Experience Owner is responsible for select client or program CX, designing, executing, and optimizing end to end experiences within those clients or programs and collaborating cross functionally to achieve those goals.
Primary Job Accountabilities/ Responsibilities
Experience Design (35%)
- Designs and optimizes end to end customer experience through the use of CX methodology and supporting tools (e.g. Surveys, Customer Journeys,)
- Completes research as necessary to build/maintain knowledge related to industry, market, clients, and consumers (e.g. researching competition, best practices, etc.)
- Responsible for stakeholder management and ongoing management of all artifacts
Roadmap Execution (35%)
- Collaborates with product, and project managers to define solutions and influence priority
- Creates CX updates for Client QBRs
- Reviews proposed product/process changes and provide feedback/recommendations
- Lead customer communication strategy for relevant clients/products/services
Customer Experience Improvement (30%)
- Implements customer surveys and listening strategy
- Monitors program performance by evaluating analysis and insights and working with the appropriate areas/departments to implement a change. Engage cross-functional teams when necessary to troubleshoot or resolve identified breakdowns having a significant impact on NPS.
- Recommends improvements based on business cases created from findings, present suggestions to functional business leads
- Creates CBA to demonstrate business value of CX initiatives.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or 3 yrs. equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience translating client/customer needs to changes in company policies, procedures, operations, and process flow maps.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience leading projects cross-functionally or 3 years’ experience in a client facing role managing relationships
- Strong cognitive skills, experience in root cause analysis, and ability to make decisions with minimal direction
- Basic understanding of best practices for implementing a voice-of-the-customer program, including selecting appropriate listening posts based on the channel and type of touchpoint
- Ability to organize both structured and unstructured data into charts, graphs, and tables for purposes of communicating information.
- Basic analytical skills, including the ability to leverage critical thinking to evaluate and organize available data, identify relationships, and summarize results.
- In-depth understanding of process improvement approach, including leveraging analysis and critical thinking to identify opportunities for improvement, and quickly evaluating potential solutions for feasibility & reasonableness. Able to identify key performance indicators to measure before & after changes to determine improvement effectiveness and identify unintended consequences.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Passionate about the customer experience and quality control.
- Working knowledge of on-line analytics is desirable.
- Basic understanding of agile principles and how to engage agile teams for delivery.
- Operations experience with various channels used by customers to interact with us and provide feedback (face to face, telephone, website, mobile application)
- Basic understanding of user-centered design (UCD) process, including ability to support experience design initiatives in order to ensure an outside-in focus. Basic understanding of CX tools (e.g. Customer Journeys, etc.) including how to read and communicate documents, make minor updates to existing documents, and assist in the facilitation and creation of new documents.
- Advanced experience Microsoft Office programs
- Experience creating/updating documentation for company policies, procedures, and detailed process flow maps.
- Experience with different VOC tools and methods such as primary research and Net Promoter Score is desirable.
- Ability to work effectively in situations driven by deadlines or which require flexibility to approach and execution, and the ability to mentor and lead others
- Requires incumbent to be self-motivated with strong organizational skills, including the ability to organize work efficiently, prioritize tasks and manage time to meet deadlines across multiple projects.
- Ability to lead projects end to end; obtain support through collaboration; leverages resources to maximize efficiency and results; facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change.
- Strong understanding of project management, including the ability to coordinate people and processes to ensure initiatives are delivered on-time. Able to identify dependencies and 'big rocks' early enough to either escalate or determine alternative solutions.
- Basic understanding of change management principles, including impacted party identification and ensuring education and support for changes prior to deployment.
- Proven experience leveraging in-depth understanding of the business including basic product constructs, servicing models, industries we serve, clients, and platforms to reach business objectives. Keeps up and with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. Understanding the interaction between these, how they impact the customer experience, and ability to identify opportunities for enhancements/efficiencies.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external clients/stakeholders. This includes developing and presenting proposals, driving initiatives effectively, managing conflict. All communications (both verbal and written) are well written and clearly convey the required information; free of grammatical and spelling errors; inclusive of the appropriate level of detail given the intended audience; empathetic and on-tone for the particular situation. Works with others to resolve differences in a professional and productive manner. Ability to distill complex thoughts into understandable language for a broad range of audiences.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed based on merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.